Arsenal and Tottenham target looks set for a move to Spanish giants Barcelona, while Napoli‘s on-loan goalkeeper Pepe Reina has rubbished transfer talks and wants to remain focused on the football.
According to reports in the Croatian sports paper ‘Sportske Novosti’, Barcelona have made an offer for Alen Halilovic, which might be nearing €3.6 million, plus bonus. According to the paper, Barcelona’s representatives would be flying to the 17 year old’s club, Dinamo Zagreb, to close the deal, which would ideally have the player in the La Liga, next season.
Halilovic is one of Europe’s most sought after talents, and was heavily linked with a move to both Arsenal and Tottenham at the end of the summer transfer window and through the winter window as well.
At 17, Halilovic already has three caps for Croatia, through three friendlies, and the youngster has the option of switching his allegiance to Bosnia and Herzegovina, who are also set for Brazil this summer.
Dinamo executive director Zdravko Mamic called on the Croatian Football Federation’s president Davor Suker to choose the youngster for the World Cup and said that it would be amazing if the player decided to stay with the club and snub the interest of foreign clubs.
“If Alen Halilovic does not go to the World Cup, the whole of the Croatian football leadership, headed by President Suker, should resign. We do not want to sell Halilovic. He’s 17-years-old. Imagine if he stayed another four years with us.”
Reina not focused on transfer talks
Napoli’s on-loan from Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina has said that he will wait until the end of the season to contemplate on his future amid growing reports of interest from Spanish sides Atletico Madrid and Barcelona.
The 31-year-old joined Napoli on a season-long loan from Liverpool in July, after the Premier League club signed Simon Mignolet from Sunderland.
Reina has admitted that he is unsure as to where his future resides, but knows that the present focus is on playing well for Napoli and not focusing on the growing transfer talks.
“I don’t know where I’ll be next year, but my plan is to enjoy this season and do a good job. Then I’ll have to go to Liverpool and make a decision.
“They have to explain to me what their intentions are, but I’m not currently up to speed on all of the possible offers which might come in, because that’s a job for my agent. My future is here, in Italy, and we’ll see what happens in June.”
— TheHardTackle (@TheHardTackle) January 6, 2014
However, Barcelona has Ter Stegen signed for next season, and has Thibaut Courtois and Samir Handanovic in the loop as well. That shows that the club is not desperate for the Spaniard and would not go rashly into any sort of deal. Benitez too, spoke earlier this season that he would want to make the Liverpool player’s stay at Naples, permanent.