It is a tale of two different fights that both Sunderland and Manchester City are fighting right now, in the second half of the season.
While Sunderland are trying to avoid the relegation zone, in order to get the massive Premier League revenues next season, Manchester City are trying to break into the top position of the league, that is currently occupied by Leicester City. However, as this game is being played at the Stadium of Light, we can expect Sunderland to give Manchester City a real run for all their money.
Probable Starting XI (4-2-3-1): Mannone; Anholt, Brown, O’Shea, Jones; M’Villa, Cattermole; Khazi, Lens, Johnson; Defoe.
Manchester City FC
Probable Starting XI (4-2-3-1): Hart; Clichy, Demichelis, Otamendi, Sagna; Toure, Fernandinho; Sterling, Silva, Navas; Aguero.
- Sunderland have conceded 11 goals in their last five matches in all competitions.
- The Black Cats have won only two of their last five matches.
- Manchester City have scored 13 goals in their last five matches in all competitions.
- Manchester City have not lost any of their last six matches in the Premier League.
- All of the last four matches between these two sides in all competitions, have been won by Manchester City.
Sunderland 1-3 Manchester City
Jermain Defoe seems to have experienced a bit of a resurgence in form of late, and this has given Sam Allardyce’s team some sort of a tooth up front. With Manchester City having a wobbly defence, Defoe could get the Black Cats not board, but the Citizen have enough firepower in their team to outscore their opposition.
Odds (Paddy Power)
Sunderland AFC: 11/2
Manchester City FC: 1/2