Liverpool FC would be looking to bounce back to winning ways, after narrowly losing out to bitter rivals Manchester United in the weekend Premier League fixture.
Although Exeter have played brilliantly in the last match to earn a draw against the English giants, a match at Anfield would be a completely different proposition, with the crowd backing the Reds to the hilt. However, Jurgen Klopp is expected to field a second string side against a troubled Leicester City, who are currently languishing in the 14th spot in League Two.
Probable Starting XI (4-2-3-1): Ward; Smith, Toure, Enrique, Randall; Brannagan, Allen; Teixeira, Lallana, Ibe; Benteke.
Probable Starting XI (4-4-2): Olejnik; McAllister, Brown, Moore-Taylor, Ribeiro; Tillson, Butterfield, Holmes, Noble; Nichols, Reid.
- Exeter City have never beaten Liverpool FC in an FA Cup match.
- Liverpool FC are yet to lose to a side from mthe fourth tier of English football.
- Both of Liverpool FC’s last two home FA Cup ties have been 0-0.
- The Reds have never gone three consecutive home FA Cup ties with 0-0 scores.
- Exeter City have not reached the FA Cup fourth round in 26 years.
Liverpool FC 2-0 Exeter City
The Grecians have done brilliantly to hold on to the 2-2 draw to force a replay of this fixture, but playing at Anfield should be a completely different proposition. We may expect a bit of a mauling by Liverpool FC, but Exeter may get lucky on that front, as the Reds have not been converting their chances properly, of late.
Odds (Paddy Power)
Liverpool FC: 1/3
Exeter City: 9/1