Injury hit Liverpool FC host Arsenal FC at Anfield, hoping to thwart the Gunners’ title challenge and boost their chances of a top four finish.
Liverpool FC, however, will have to overcome a confident Arsenal FC, who have lost just once in the last 10 games and have won two on the bounce.
The Reds have their squad severely curtailed, with as many as 10 players out injured, prompting Jurgen Klopp to recall goalkeeper Danny Ward and loaning Steven Caulker from Queens Park Ranger. Arsenal FC themselves have their injury issues, with Santi Cazorla and Alexis Sanchez both out of the tie.
Probable Staring XI: Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Sakho, Moreno; Lucas, Allen, Can, Lallana, Firmino, Benteke
Probable Starting XI: Cech, Bellerin, Mertersacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Ramsey, Flamini, Walcott, Ozil, Campbell, Giroud
- No team has won more games with a 1-0 margin than Liverpool FC in the Premier League.
- Liverpool FC were 17th in the league table for the month of December, having collected a meager 4 points in the crucial month.
- Arsenal FC have won 5 of their last 6 ties in the Premier League.
- Only Manchester United (21) have won more Premier League ties against Arsenal than Liverpool (16).
- Liverpool v Arsenal has seen more hat-tricks than any other fixture in Premier League (5).
- Last 9 Premier League games between the clubs at Anfield have seen 35 goals scored (3.9 per game on average).
- Liverpool have scored 22 goals in their 20 league games so far this season; the lowest tally after 20 games of any league campaign and beating their previous low of 23 in 1923/24 and 1970/71.
- Mesut Ozil has either scored or assisted 16 of Arsenal’s last 24 Premier League goals (three goals, 13 assists).
- Alberto Moreno has created more goalscoring chances than any other Liverpool player in the Premier League this season (39) and is also the most creative defender in the competition so far in 2015-16.
- Arsenal have scored the first goal of the game on 14 occasions in the Premier League this season; more often than any other team.
Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal FC
Expect Arsenal FC to come away with all three points from Anfield, given the injury crisis at Anfield and the lack of any serious attacking threat. The absence of Coutinho will be sorely felt at Anfield, one would think, with the Gunners taking advantage.
- Liverpool to win: 19/10
- Arsenal to win: 32/21
- Draw: 38/15
No matter whether the program takes one or three years, https://admission-writer.com/ it is meant to prepare young writers to real circumstances and challenges they will face on their way of writing and publishing, which is not going to be easy at all