The Hard Tackle presents to you the one-stop shop to scour all the best betting markets for the eighth gameweek of the English Premier League
The Premier League serves us a great throwback to the old days when Liverpool vs Manchester United was the premier game of the entire season. Still two of the most decorated English sides, Manchester United hold the edge on form but have to be wary of the Liverpool attack.
Crystal Palace are up for another bruising as they host Chelsea while Arsenal look to keep up their run going as they travel to Watford. Everton are in dire need of a win as they face Brighton while Manchester City face a tricky tie against Stoke.
Before we delve into the best markets for the upcoming gameweek, we take a look at the result of our suggestions from the earlier gameweek, a good week indeed.
Favourable Bets result: 7/12
Underdog Bets result: 4/7
THT Favourable Bets Overall Result: 51/85
Liverpool vs Manchester United
Expected to be a cracker of a game, that too an early Saturday kickoff. Liverpool’s form has dwindled of late while Manchester United have put together a mean little run. While many expect a free-scoring United to revert to their defensive tactics against Liverpool, there is hope and good reason for not doing so.
We expect goals in the fixture and Liverpool’s form chart could be about to go bad from worse. Also, Romelu Lukaku should in all likeliness score and silence a fraction of his doubters.
1. Manchester United Asian Handicap 0.0 @1.970
2. Romelu Lukaku to score anytime @2.05
3. Under 5.5 Cards @1.80
1. Manchester United Clean Sheet – YES @3.50
Crystal Palace vs Chelsea
The Eagles are set for another tumultuous time at home as defending champions Chelsea come visiting on Saturday. Although the Blues are hindered by some injuries, expect Antonio Conte’s side to pull through and with a comfortable scoreline.
1. Over 2.5 Goals @1.80
2. Chelsea Clean Sheet – No @1.80
3. Chelsea Asian Handicap -1 @1.675
1. Chelsea Asian Handicap -2.5 @4.00
Watford vs Arsenal
Arsenal are in for a tricky away fixture as they face Marco Silva & co., who have been steadily showing signs of being a very troubling team for the top sides. But, Arsenal are in a good vein of form and are expected to come through on Saturday, despite doubts over Alexis Sanchez’s involvement after Chile failed to qualify for the World Cup.
1. Alexandre Lacazette to score anytime @1.95
2. Arsenal to win @1.65
3. Both Teams to Score – YES @1.61
1. Alexandre Lacazette to score 2 or more @5.50
Burnley will find it tough to contain a rejuvenated West Ham side while Huddersfield should prevail over Swansea. Newcastle have shown their tenacity and are likely to trouble Southampton as well. Expect Tottenham to have a tough time at Bournemouth as Eddie Howe attempts to upset the North Londoners.
1. Swansea vs Huddersfield – Draw or Huddersfield @1.72
2. Brighton vs Everton – Everton Draw No Bet @1.66
3. Tottenham vs Bournemouth – Bournemouth +2 Asian Handicap @1.890
4. Southampton vs Newcastle United – Draw or Newcastle @1.95
1. Burnley vs West Ham – Full Time Result – Draw @3.25