We take a look at some of the major stories regarding Chelsea FC doing the rounds today.

Laxalt’s Agent Talks Up Chelsea Move

In an interview with Italian outlet Calciomercato, Laxalt’s agent Vincenzo D’Ippolito revealed that Chelsea manager Antonio Conte’s is interested in his client. However, he made it clear that the 23-year-old would not be leaving Genoa in the upcoming transfer window. On being asked about what the future holds for his client, he said, “Genoa believe in him, but they are always open to sell their players for the right offer. He’s not going to leave in January, but the club will definitely listen to offers at the end of the season.”

Speaking about his client’s possible suitors, he said that there were numerous clubs scouting the Uruguayan. Serie A side Fiorentina were watching him and were interested in signing him in the summer and he also said that there were ‘requests’ from the Premier League, before adding, “Conte had been scouting Laxalt when he was in Italy and he’d love to take Laxalt to Chelsea now.”

GENOA, ITALY - FEBRUARY 21: Diego Laxalt of Genoa CFC in action during the Serie A match between Genoa CFC and Udinese Calcio at Stadio Luigi Ferraris on February 21, 2016 in Genoa, Italy. (Photo by Pier Marco Tacca/Getty Images)

GENOA, ITALY – FEBRUARY 21: Diego Laxalt of Genoa CFC in action during the Serie A match between Genoa CFC and Udinese Calcio at Stadio Luigi Ferraris on February 21, 2016 in Genoa, Italy. (Photo by Pier Marco Tacca/Getty Images)

The 23-year-old came through the young ranks of Uruguayan club Defensor Sporting and would go on to make 15 appearances for them before Inter Milan came for him in 2013. He moved to the San Siro for a mere €3 million in July, but he was immediately loaned out to Bologna.

After a season there, he was bought by Empoli in August 2014. After making 7 appearances and scoring 1 goal, Genoa took him on loan in January 2015 for 18 months, and in July this year, they made the deal permanent. The much travelled attacker finally seems to have settled down in Italy and this season, and has made 60 appearances for Genoa so far, 16 of which have come this season.

Chelsea To Move For Sule In January

SINSHEIM, GERMANY - AUGUST 28: Niklas Suele of Hoffenheim looks on during the Bundesliga match between TSG 1899 Hoffenheim and RB Leipzig at Wirsol Rhein-Neckar-Arena on August 28, 2016 in Sinsheim, Germany. (Photo by Simon Hofmann/Bongarts/Getty Images)

SINSHEIM, GERMANY – AUGUST 28: Niklas Suele of Hoffenheim looks on during the Bundesliga match between TSG 1899 Hoffenheim and RB Leipzig at Wirsol Rhein-Neckar-Arena on August 28, 2016 in Sinsheim, Germany. (Photo by Simon Hofmann/Bongarts/Getty Images)

Suele is considered one of the most promising young defenders in football and 21-year-old’s rise to prominence in the Bundesliga hasn’t gone unnoticed by some European superpowers. Since making his debut in 2013, he has become an integral part of TSG Hoffenheimand has also been capped for the German national team. The German International has been linked with moves to a number of European clubs over the course of this campaign, such as Inter Milan, Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton after rising to prominence at Die Kraichgauer.

According to a report from the Daily Mail, the Blues are now set to bid again for the German international once the January transfer window opens. Despite having a £20 million bid for him rejected in the summer, Chelsea technical director Michael Emenalo has reportedly been monitoring him over the course of the campaign. The 21-year-old decided to stay on at Hoffenheim in a bid to further his development and the report states that even though the German club have no need to sell, Chelsea are set to test their resolve with a another bid.

READ MORETRANSFER RUMOUR: AC MILAN’S GIACOMO BONAVENTURA EMERGES AS JANUARY TARGET FOR CHELSEA

Oscar Keen On Chelsea Stay

WATFORD, ENGLAND - AUGUST 20: Craig Cathcart of Watford and Oscar of Chelsea battle for possession during the Premier League match between Watford and Chelsea at Vicarage Road on August 20, 2016 in Watford, England. (Photo by Steve Bardens/Getty Images)

WATFORD, ENGLAND – AUGUST 20: Craig Cathcart of Watford and Oscar of Chelsea battle for possession during the Premier League match between Watford and Chelsea at Vicarage Road on August 20, 2016 in Watford, England. (Photo by Steve Bardens/Getty Images)

Chelsea were reported to have accepted a massive £60 million bid from Chinese side Shanghai SIPG for Oscar. The 25-year-old was reported to have told his Chelsea team mates that he was leaving Stamford Bridge after 4 and half seasons at the club. the Brazilian international was also quoted by the media to having said the deal was, “90 per cent right – it just depends on some bureaucratic details.”

READ MORE: CHELSEA FANS CAN’T HOLD BACK EXCITEMENT OVER MASSIVE £60 MILLION OSCAR DEAL [BEST TWEETS]

Should the move go through, it would be the most expensive sale in Chelsea’s history. Over the course of 4 and a half seasons, 5 different Chelsea managers have never been able to get the best out of the Brazilian. Despite moments of brilliance, Oscar has never been able to live up to his vast potential since joining from Internacional and this season, he has failed to score a single goal for Antonio Conte’s side. But according to Sky Sports, the Brazilian is keen on staying on at Chelsea and fighting for a first team place at Stamford Bridge. He hasn’t started a Premier League game since September and has lost his place in Chelsea’s starting XI to Nemanja Matic and N’golo Kante. Chelsea’s 3-4-3 formation only allows for 2 central midfielders to be played at a time, so Oscar also faces competition from Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Nathaniel Chalobah and Cesc Fabregas.

Leave A Comment...

*