Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has ruled out an Atletico Madrid move for wantaway Manchester United striker Cristiano Ronaldo.

Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has practically ruled out Atletico Madrid from a possible summer move for Cristiano Ronaldo, who reportedly wants to leave Manchester United in the summer transfer window.

The Portuguese international is eager to depart Old Trafford this summer following the club’s failure to qualify for next season’s UEFA Champions League. Ronaldo returned to Manchester United just last year in a blockbuster move from Juventus, but he could now be headed for an exit.

After initially showing faith in manager Erik ten Hag and displaying eagerness to play under the Dutch tactician, the 37-year-old Ronaldo took a U-turn, with reports claiming he was not happy with Manchester United’s transfer inactivity, adding to his discontent on the club’s failure to finish in Premier League top four last season.

But since then, the Red Devils have signed three players in Tyrell Malacia, Christian Eriksen and Lisandro Martinez and look poised to add more players in the summer transfer window. Ronaldo’s stance has not changed, however, pointing to the fact that it is primarily the absence of Champions League football that has made him force an exit.

The Portuguese attacker’s agent, Jorge Mendes, has reportedly approached multiple European giants to sanction a move for his client but has so far been turned down by every club. Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid were said to be showing interest, but they have all, one by one, distanced themselves from Ronaldo.

La Liga giants Atletico Madrid are the latest to rule out a possible move for Ronaldo, with president Cerezo claiming it is ‘practically impossible’.

“I’ve said it many times. I don’t know who invented the story about Cristiano. But I’ll tell you, it’s practically impossible for him to come to Atletico Madrid,” Cerezo told reporters on Tuesday, as quoted by ESPN.

Ronaldo, after missing Manchester United’s pre-season tour due to personal reasons, returned to Carrington on Tuesday, reportedly to discuss his future. The Red Devils are seemingly firm on their stance that the 37-year-old former Real Madrid attacker is not for sale.

Leave A Comment...

*