Michy Batshuayi is growing frustrated with his lack of game time at Chelsea and has held talks with Antonio Conte amid reports of West Ham interest

Batshuayi has not started a single game in the league for Chelsea this season with Diego Costa’s form leaving Conte with no reason to make a change. He has only managed 9 substitute appearances in the league and has scored and assisted 1 goal. The Belgian has made 3 league cup appearances and scored 2 goals, but the striker is now said to be seeking reassurances over his future despite only joining Chelsea this summer, according to the Sun.

The Belgian – who scored 23 goals for Marseille last season – joined Chelsea in a £33.2 million deal in July, signing a 5-year deal. Batshuayi was also targeted by Crystal Palace and West Ham, with the latter being touted as favourites to land his signature at one point.

And Slaven Bilic is said to be interested in trying to sign the 23-year old on a loan until the end of the season with West Ham struggling severely in the league.

Simone Zaza, who was signed in the summer, has been utterly ineffective this season and has failed to score a single goal thus far. Zaza’s agent also confirmed that the Italian is set to return to Juventus after failing to impress Slaven Bilic :

“Zaza will definitely go back to Juventus because West Ham do not want to keep him.” he said, according to The Sun

The Sun also report that Batshuayi has also held talks with Antonio Conte and has been reassured about his future but has told me must be patient.

TOPSHOT - Chelsea's Belgian striker Michy Batshuayi reacts during the English League Cup second round football match between Chelsea and Bristol Rovers at Stamford Bridge in London on August 23, 2016. / AFP / GLYN KIRK / RESTRICTED TO EDITORIAL USE. No use with unauthorized audio, video, data, fixture lists, club/league logos or 'live' services. Online in-match use limited to 75 images, no video emulation. No use in betting, games or single club/league/player publications. / (Photo credit should read GLYN KIRK/AFP/Getty Images)

Praying for more minutes? Batshuayi has yet to start a single game for Chelsea in the league this season. (Photo Courtesy GLYN KIRK/AFP/Getty Images)

Earlier this season Antonio Conte stressed that Batshuayi still had a lot to learn before he could start games for Chelsea. However, having paid such a big fee for Batshuayi – who rejected an offer outright from Crystal Palace to join the Blues- it is understandable that the Belgian is frustrated with his role.

This leaves Antonio Conte with a tough decision, as there is no way he can drop Diego Costa at the moment, with the Spaniard notching up 12 goals and 5 assists in just 16 league games this season.

West Ham’s interest in a loan deal surfaced as early as November, and a loan deal could suit both parties. Batshuayi could get some much needed game time to help him assimilate into English football and West Ham will get a striker who is hungry and can lift them out of their current predicament.

However, Conte will likely be reluctant to let Batshuayi go, as an injury to Diego Costa, who has had recurring hamstring issues in the past, will mean that he is left with no recognised senior strikers. It seems unlikely, therefore, that Batshuayi will leave in January unless Chelsea sign another striker which they are unlikely to do, given they only signed the Belgian in July.

Leave A Comment...

*