Antonio Conte has said he is sorry to see Oscar leave for China, and has said that the Chinese market is a danger to everyone

Oscar is on the verge of a move to Shanghai SIPG, with the midfielder telling Brazilian network Globo that the move was “90% complete” earlier this week. This will bring an end to a 4-year spell with Chelsea, during which Oscar won a Premier League title, a League Cup trophy and the UEFA Europa league.

Some reports have claimed that the Brazilian is set to become the highest-paid player in the world once he completes his move, with the riches of China clearly proving to be a deciding factor in his move.

At just 25, it is surprising to see a player with Oscar’s talent move to a league that is still not taken seriously. And Conte feels that this is down to a lack of passion for the sport, but has said he respects Oscar’s decision and is sorry to see him leave :

“I think the most important thing for us must be the passion. If you haven’t got that, it’s no good. No good.” he said, according to The Telegraph

“I repeat: this concept is very important. Before the money must be the passion, the passion for the sport, for football. We started to play when we were children without money and only for the passion. Then, also, came money but the passion is more important than money, for me.”

“Oscar is a really good player. I am sorry because he’s leaving as a really good player and a really good man. I must be honest about this. But, also, I understand him and his decision.”

Conte also warned that the Chinese market is a danger to everyone thanks to the ridiculous money they have available to them :

“The Chinese market is a danger for all. Not only for Chelsea but all the teams in the world.” he said. “For sure, this market is an incredible market. It’s a great opportunity for all: for the coaches, also, not only for the players. They are offering a lot of money.”

LONDON, ENGLAND - MARCH 19: Oscar of Chelsea during the Barclays Premier League match between Chelsea and West Ham at Stamford Bridge on March 19, 2016 in London, United Kingdom. (Photo by Alex Morton/Getty Images)

In love with the money and not the sport? Antonio Conte has questioned players who leave for China simply for the riches (Photo by Alex Morton/Getty Images)

Oscar becomes the latest player to leave for China and is definitely the most surprising name to make the move so far. At 25, the Brazilian has years ahead of him and has arguably still not hit his peak.

Demba Ba, Jackson Martinez, Gervinho and Paulinho are all well-known names who have already made the move to China and it seems that the Oriental raid on European clubs is not slowing down any time soon.

In the last few months Lionel Messi, Cesc Fabregas and Alexis Sanchez have all been linked with moves to China, despite all of them still having quite a few years left at the top level.

In the past, most players have made moves to weaker leagues for the money, with Dubai and America being some of the preferred destinations. However, most of these players move well beyond their peak, so it is unsurprising that Conte is sad to see Oscar make the move at such a young age.

This seems like something the footballing world will have to get quickly used to, however, as the teams from the Chinese league definitely seem intent on disrupting the balance of power.

Leave A Comment...

*