We take a look at the major stories doing the rounds today regarding Premier LEague side Chelsea FC.

Willian Speaks About Rejecting Tottenham

The Brazilian arrived at Stamford Bridge in the summer of 2013, in the same year as Jose Mourinho in a last minute deal. However, whilst speaking in a recent interview with the club’s official channel, he insisted that it had been a lifelong dream of his. Whilst speaking about his performances for Shakhtar Donetsk against Chelsea when they met in the Champions League group stage, he said, “When I scored the goals against Chelsea, I was happy, because I wanted to come here. I score goal and I think, maybe now they can make an offer for me.”

MANCHESTER, ENGLAND - DECEMBER 03: Willian of Chelsea scores his team's second goal during the Premier League match between Manchester City and Chelsea at Etihad Stadium on December 3, 2016 in Manchester, England. (Photo by Clive Brunskill/Getty Images)

MANCHESTER, ENGLAND – DECEMBER 03: Willian of Chelsea scores his team’s second goal during the Premier League match between Manchester City and Chelsea at Etihad Stadium on December 3, 2016 in Manchester, England. (Photo by Clive Brunskill/Getty Images)

In 2013, Chelsea managed to acquire Willian  from Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala in a last minute deal estimated to be worth around £30 million and the 28-year-old described it as possibly one of the best moments of his life. “I don’t know how I can explain that moment, but [it] was the best moment of my life I think, when I signed with Chelsea, because it was my dream to come here. So, when i came, I’m very very happy to play for Chelsea, win titles here.” He was set for a move to local rivals Tottenham Hotspur, but when Chelsea made a last minute offer, he insisted that even though it was difficult, he could not refuse. “Yeah it was difficult because [at] the moment, I had only Tottenham to go, but I didn’t sign. when [at] the last moment when Chelsea calling, I said ‘sorry I have to go to Chelsea, it’s my dream, I don’t care, I go there.”

Jamie Redknapp Insists Ake Can Be Chelsea’s Future

BOURNEMOUTH, ENGLAND - DECEMBER 04: Nathan Ake of AFC Bournemouth controls the ball as he scores their fourth goal during the Premier League match between AFC Bournemouth and Liverpool at Vitality Stadium on December 4, 2016 in Bournemouth, England. (Photo by Michael Steele/Getty Images)

BOURNEMOUTH, ENGLAND – DECEMBER 04: Nathan Ake of AFC Bournemouth controls the ball as he scores their fourth goal during the Premier League match between AFC Bournemouth and Liverpool at Vitality Stadium on December 4, 2016 in Bournemouth, England. (Photo by Michael Steele/Getty Images)

Redknapp, a former Bournemouth player himself, insisted that on loan Chelsea defender Nathan Ake could be go on to save a lot of money for Chelsea in future seasons. The 21-year-old scored Bournemouth’s winner against Liverpool in the 90th minute and has been impressing with his performances for the Cherries since breaking into Eddie Howe’s squad. Redknapp, in an article for the Daily Mail. wrote “Chelsea are crying out for a left-sided centre back. Gary Cahill has done well there this season but the position does not come naturally to him. The reason he scored his own goal at Manchester City on Saturday was because he went for the ball with his right foot rather than try to clear Jesus Navas’ cross with his left. Good left-footed centre backs are hard to find.”

According to the 43-year-old, Chelsea could possibly go and buy a big player but Ake presents them with a long-term solution. Ake has gone out on loan on 3 different occasions to Reading, Watford last term and was sent to Bournemouth this campaign. He has made only 12 appearances for Chelsea, most of them coming from the bench and has been known to be able to play a variety of positions in midfield and defence. Chelsea have resorted to fielding a 3 man defence in recent months and should Ake keep putting in performances like that, he could very well break into Antonio Conte’s side someday.

Mikel Considers China Move

Nigeria's John Obi Mikel celebrates after receiving the bronze medal during the medal ceremony after defeating Honduras in the Rio 2016 Olympic Games men's bronze medal football match at the Mineirao stadium in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, on August 20, 2016. / AFP / GUSTAVO ANDRADE (Photo credit should read GUSTAVO ANDRADE/AFP/Getty Images)

Nigeria’s John Obi Mikel celebrates after receiving the bronze medal during the medal ceremony after defeating Honduras in the Rio 2016 Olympic Games men’s bronze medal football match at the Mineirao stadium in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, on August 20, 2016. / AFP

The Nigerian hasn’t played a single minute of football this season under Antonio Conte, since he returned from the Olympics in the summer. He has been linked with a move away for sometime now, and according to the Evening Standard Mikel has been considering a move to China which would see him reunite with ex-Chelsea boss Andre Villas Boas. The report states that Chinese side Shanghai SIPG have talked with Mikel’s representatives regarding a possible transfer and he is said to be considering the move.

The report states that the Chinese outfit are willing to pay Mikel a massive £170,000-a-week, which is 100,000 more than his current wages at Chelsea. The Nigerian international has a contract which expires in the summer and he will be able to talk to other clubs in January. Shanghai are willing to pay Chelsea to prise him away from Stamford Bridge in the upcoming January transfer window. Mikel is currently seeing out his 11th year with Chelsea, but only from the sidelines. Nemanja Matic and Ngolo Kante have been indispensable this season, and the 29-year-old has Fabregas, Chalobah and Ruben Loftus-Cheek to compete with for only 2 central midfield spots.

Leave A Comment...

*