- Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel’s agent refuses to rule out Inter Milan move.
- Inter Milan legend Javier Zanetti sent to speak to Tottenham’s Erik Lamela over a possible move.
- Inter have begun talks with Chelsea target Antonio Candreva.
Martin Skrtel’s agent says a move to Inter Milan might be on the cards for the Slovakian
Martin Skrtel, who is currently with his country’s Euro 2016 contingent, has seen his game time reduce considerably at Anfield since the arrival of Jurgen Klopp. The 31-year-old made only 4 starts in 2016 for Liverpool, with Klopp choosing to use Kolo Toure and Mamadou Sakho ahead of him.
Skrtel’s agent has recently admitted that a move to Inter Milan is a possibility. According to a report in FCInterNews, the player’s agent, Karol Csonto has said that there are several teams interested in the player.
“There are several teams interested in the player, including Inter which is a distinct possibility. Martin is a great player,” he said. When asked about Inter manager Roberto Mancini, he replied, “Roberto Mancini? We’re talking about a great Coach, but as I said, we have to wait. Not much longer, but we have to wait.”
Inter legend Javier Zanetti is in USA to convince Lamela to move to Milan
Inter Milan have decided to use the influence of Argentine and club legend Javier Zanetti to try and convince Tottenham Hotspur’s Erik Lamela to make the switch from London to Milan. The former Inter captain led his side to every trophy possible in his 19-years with the club as player, before taking up the role of Vice President at the club.
According to Corriere dello Sport (via Express), Zanetti has traveled to the USA to meet Lamela who is representing his country at the Copa America Centenario, in an attempt to convince him to make the move. Lamela, who moved to Spurs in 2013 after spending two years at Roma, has taken some time to adjust to the English game. He endured 2 difficult seasons in London before finally finding his feet in the last campaign under the tutelage of Mauricio Pochettino, and he helped Spurs to their first Champions League finish since 2010.
Inter Milan have opened talks with Antonio Candevra
Chelsea and Conte’s hopes of landing Lazio winger Antonio Candreva may have been dealt a blow after latest reports emerged of Inter Milan opening talks with Antonio Candreva over a possible move. The Lazio winger is reportedly on Conte’s summer wishlist as the Italian looks to start off his Stamford Bridge revolution after the Euros in France.
According to a report in Football Italia, Inter Milan’s representatives were scheduled to meet with Candreva’s agent on Tuesday to agree a deal on ‘principle’ before the Nerazzurri meet with Lazio to discuss the possible purchase of the player.
It was reported earlier that Lazio had rejected an initial offer of €16 million for Il Timido from Inter Milan because the Italian giants were asking for €25 million. Given that Inter is Candreva’s preferred destination and he has reportedly been pushing for the move to take place, the player’s desire to leave may force the owners to reduce their asking price.