After showing a lot of promise this season, Arsenal FC seem to have again wilted under pressure at the business end of the table.
As they prepare themselves to welcome Watford to the Emirates, the Gunners will be trying to avenge the 2-1 defeat they suffered at the hands of the Hornets last month that knocked them out of the FA Cup for the first time in three years.
After a good start to the season, Watford have now slipped down to the 14th spot on the table, but are well clear of the relegation zone (11 points with eight games to go). While this means that they do not have much left to fight for in the Premier League anymore, a top 10 finish is still not too far away, and a good winning run can take them back up the ladder.
Possible Starting XI (4-2-3-1): Ospina; Monreal, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Bellerin; Coquelin, Elneny; Iwobi, Ozil, Sanchez, Welbeck.
Possible Starting XI (4-4-2): Gomes; Ake, Britos, Cathcart, Nyom; Capoue, Watson, Behrami, Amrabat; Deeney, Ighalo.
- Watford are currently on a three match losing streak in the Premier League.
- The Hornets have lost all these three matches by just a one-goal margin.
- The Gunners have netted at least twice in five of their last six Premier League matches.
- The last time these two sides met (March 2016 in the FA Cup), Watford captain Troy Deeney came up with two assists to help his side triumph 2-1 over Arsenal.
- Prior to the loss to Watford last month, the Gunners had won all of the previous five matches against Watford.
Arsenal FC 2-2 Watford FC
While Watford are in need of checking their current downward slide, the international break would have given them some much needed rest ahead of a crucial match at the Emirates Stadium. Arsenal themselves have not been on great form lately, sliding out of the FA Cup and the Champions League, and also trailing behind Premier League leaders Leicester City by 11 points. This could turn out to be an interesting match, with goals on either side.
Odds (Paddy Power)
Arsenal FC: 4/11
Watford FC: 15/2