Manchester City’s poor run of form in recent weeks threatened to derail their season, but the Citizens will now look to build on their 4-0 thumping of Aston Villa when they face a struggling Norwich City side on Saturday.
Norwich City are struggling to get themselves out of the relegation zone at the moment, and a match against Manchester City is unlikely to help their prospects. The Canaries have a run of important games coming up against fellow relegation-threatened sides like Newcastle and Sunderland. However, a result against City will help ease the pressure going into those ‘six-pointers’.
Manchester City, on the other hand, have suffered losses at the hands of Liverpool, Chelsea, and Tottenham Hotspur in recent weeks, and will be looking for a strong performance against Norwich. The Citizens have a midweek Champions League clash against Dynamo Kyiv, but given their commanding 3-1 lead in that tie, they will be fully focussed on climbing up the Premier League table with a win at Carrow Road.
Probable Starting XI (4-2-3-1): Ruddy; Bennett, Klose, Martin, Pinto; O’Niel, Howson; Bamford, Hoolahan, Redmond; Jerome.
Probable Starting XI (4-4-2): Hart; Clichy, Kompany, Otamendi, Sagna; Silva, Fernandinho, Toure, Navas; Aguero, Bony.
- Norwich have conceded seven goals in their last three home matches in the Premier League.
- The Canaries have lost eight of their last nine matches in the Premier League.
- Norwich have conceded at least two goals in seven of their last eight matches against Manchester City in all competitions.
- Manchester City have conceded 10 goals in their last five matches in all competitions.
- However, they have won eight of their last 10 matches against Norwich in all competitions.
Norwich City 0 – 3 Manchester City
Norwich are staring at the possibility of relegation, and Saturday’s match could see them plunge deeper into the danger zone. Manchester City possess enough quality to see off the Canaries’ challenge, and the distraction of their Champions League clash next week is unlikely to prevent a comfortable away win.
Odds (Paddy Power)
Norwich City: 5/1
Manchester City: 8/13