Liverpool FC and Manchester United are scheduled to take their rivalry to the European stage, when they clash against each other at Anfield in the Europa League later tomorrow.
The Anfield outfit have hit a decent run of form, demolishing Manchester City at home before scraping through against Crystal Palace, despite not fielding the likes of Philippe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge. Manchester United’s recent improvement in form was halted in the weekend, with West Brom emerging 1-0 winners at The Hawthorns.
The two sides are locked in the race to finish among the Champions League qualifying positions in the league, and will hope to keep the option of doing so by winning the Europa League open.
While Liverpool FC have rested their key players, who are all available for the clash, Manchester United have as much as 12 players out or doubtful for the match.
Predicted Staring XI (4-3-3): Mignolet; Flannagan, Lovren, Sakho, Clyne; Can, Henderson, Milner; Firmino, Sturridge, Coutinho
Predicted Starting XI (4-2-3-1): De Gea; Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Rojo; Herrera, Schneiderlin; Martial, Mata, Depay; Rashford
- This will be the first ever meeting between the two sides in a European competition.
- Manchester United have won each of their 4 games against Liverpool FC under Louis van Gaal.
- Manchester United have won their last 5 games in all competition against Liverpool FC.
- However, the Old Trafford outfit has won only 4 of their last 15 away games in all competition.
- Liverpool FC are undefeated in their last 8 Europa League games, keeping a clean sheet in the last 3.
- The Anfield outfit have lost just 4 games at Anfield in 2015-16, however, they have drawn 8 out of a total of 24.
Liverpool FC 3-1 Manchester United
Liverpool have a strong squad to chose from, as compared to a Manchester United squad that is heavily depleted. While it is no Champions League, a European night at Anfield might be just too much to handle for what is a very young and inexperienced Manchester United side.
- Liverpool FC win: 23/20
- Draw: 23/10
- Manchester United win: 29/10