Liverpool FC take on Crystal Palace hoping to build upon their thumping win over Manchester City in midweek, as their opponents hope to record their first win in the league since 19th December.
Palace maybe in poor form in the league, however, their recent win over Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Cup fixture at White Hart Lane indicates that they can raise their game when they need to. Their winless streak has seen them just 9 points away from the relegation zone, and it is about time that Pardew’s men start turning their fortunes around.
The Reds are now six points off Manchester City in the race for the fourth and final Champions League spot, with Arsenal FC ten points ahead, having played a game more. Klopp must ensure that his side channel all the confidence they have acquired from the win over City into winning the next few games.
Predicted Starting XI (4-2-3-1): Hennessey; Ward, Dann, Delaney, Souare; Jedinak, Cabaye; Zaha, Match, Bolasie; Wickham
Predicted Starting XI (4-4-1-1): Mignolet; Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Flanagan; Milner, Henderson, Can, Lallana; Coutinho, Firmino
- Crystal Palace have not won any of their last 11 games in the Premier League.
- Crystal Palace beat Liverpool FC in their first game at Anfield in Premier League 15/16.
- The London outfit have conceded at least two goals in each of their last three league outings.
- Liverpool have conceded just 1 goal in their last 5 games in all competitions.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 5 games in the Premier League, winning 3 and drawing 2.
Crystal Palace 0-2 Liverpool
Liverpool have proven to be a highly inconsistent side this season, who have struggled against lesser oppositions away from home, when they have sat deep and invited them to break them down. However, with Crystal Palace in free fall and the Merseyside outfit picking up their form, it’s likely to be a 2-0 win for them.
- Crystal Palace 14/5
- Draw 5/2
- Liverpool FC 11/10