Tottenham Hotspur host Crystal Palace in the fifth round of the FA Cup on Sunday, hoping to make progress in a competition that they have not won for 25 years.
Tottenham Hotspur are expected to rotate their side when they host Crystal Palace in the FA Cup this weekend, having recorded an impressive draw against Fiorentina in midweek in the UEFA Europa League.
Spurs’ league position is indicative of how solid they have been in the Premier League this season, and Mauricio Pochettino will be hoping that his side’s good form in the league carries over to the FA Cup as well. The North London club have the best defensive record in the league and are just a goal away from equalling the league’s highest goalscorers in Manchester City and Leicester City.
Crystal Palace, on the other hand, have blown hot and cold under manager Alan Pardew. A disastrous run of form has seen them slip into the bottom half of the table, where they now sit in 13th place, a mere eight points above the relegation zone.
Predicted Starting XI (4-2-3-1): Vorm; Rose, Wimmer, Alderweireld, Walker; Dier, Dembele; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane
Predicted Starting XI (4-4-2): Hennessey; Ward, Delaney, Dann, Kelly; Mutch, Jedinak, Cabaye, Zaha; Wickham, Adebayor
- Crystal Palace have won just 2 of their last 11 games in all competitions.
- The Eagles have scored a maximum of one goal in their last 7 games in all competitions.
- Tottenham have scored at least twice in their last three FA Cup matches.
- Spurs have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 home matches against Crystal Palace in all competitions.
- Tottenham are undefeated in their last 5 home matches against Crystal Palace in all competitions.
Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 Crystal Palace
The contrast in the form of Tottenham Hotspur and Alan Pardew’s Crystal Palace suggests that there can only be one outcome in this FA Cup tie on Sunday. Stranger things have happened in football, but it will take a brave man to predict a result other than a comfortable home win for Pochettino’s men.
- Tottenham Hotspur win: 8/13
- Draw: 3
- Crystal Palace win: 11/2