New Serie A leaders Juventus take on Bologna on Friday night, hoping to continue their incredible 15-match winning streak in Italy’s top division.
Top-of-the-table Juventus travel to mid-table Bologna in the first fixture of the latest Serie A round, as the Bianconeri prepare themselves for a run of tough fixtures in the coming weeks. Pep Guardiola’s Bayern Munich visit Turin in midweek, after which Massimiliano Allegri’s side have a double-header against Inter Milan in the league and the Coppa Italia respectively.
However, Juventus cannot afford to take their foot off the gas in this match, with Napoli breathing down their necks, eager to reclaim the top spot that the Partenopei have been occupying for quite some time.
On the other hand, Bologna have won their last couple of matches, and would be looking to end the Bianconeri’s winning run on Friday. The Rossoblu are well and truly in mid-table obscurity right now, but are not too far away from challenging for one of the European spots. Roberto Donadoni has done a great job with them since taking over, and would be looking to take it one step further when Juve come to town.
Possible Starting XI (4-3-3): Mirante; Masina, Maietta, Gastaldello, Mbaye; Donsah, Diawara, Taider; Giaccherini, Destro, Mounier.
Possible Starting XI (4-4-2): Buffon; Evra, Bonucci, Barzagli, Lichsteiner; Pogba, Khedira, Marchisio, Pereyra; Zaza, Morata.
- Bologna have been stern in defence, conceding just four goals in their last five matches in the Serie A.
- Juventus haven’t conceded any goals in their last eight matches in all competitions.
- The Bianconeri use their wings a lot, as they play in 21 crosses on average every match.
- Bologna rely a lot on counter attacks, playing an average of 71 long balls per match.
- Bologna have lost all of their last five matches against Juventus in all competitions.
Bologna FC 0-1 Juventus
The Bianconeri have a difficult run of fixtures coming up in the next fortnight and hence are unlikely to be at their best in the Friday night clash against Bologna. However, they have enough strength in their team to register a win.
Odds (Paddy Power)
Bologna FC: 6/1