PSG are in great form at the moment, and would be looking to get a positive result at home against a Chelsea FC side that is still faltering.
The 5-1 victory achieved by Guus Hiddink’s men over relegation strugglers Newcastle United was a great morale booster for them, but there are still a number of rough edges that need to be ironed out. On the other hand, PSG have been in tremendous form this season, and would be looking to carry their domestic results into the top competition in Europe.
Possible Starting XI (4-3-3): Trapp; Maxwell, Luiz, Silva, Van Der Wiel; Matuidi, Verratti, Pastore; Di Maria, Ibrahimovic, Lucas.
Possible Starting XI (4-2-3-1): Courtois; Rahman, Cahill, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Mikel; Hazard, Oscar, Willian; Costa.
- PSG have had a success rate of 89 per cent this season.
- Chelsea have scored 21 per cent of their goals from set pieces this season.
- The Blues have scored 12 goals in their last five matches in all competitions.
- PSG have kept an average of 64 per cent possession in all competitions this season.
- The last three encounters (in all competitions) between PSG and Chelsea have all been draws.
PSG 2-1 Chelsea FC
The 5-1 win against Newcastle United in the weekend would have been a morale booster for Chelsea but they did concede a goal against the relegation threatened side. Also, with captain John Terry injured, the Chelsea defence could be in for quite a hammering. A win for PSG seems to be on the cards, but Chelsea forward Diego Costa seems to have leaped back into form, and might just nick an away goal for the visitors.
Chelsea FC: 53/10