Still sitting at the top of the table with two games in hand, Barcelona host 7th placed Celta Vigo as they look to extend their lead over the two clubs from Madrid.
The visitors thrashed the Catalans 4-1 in the reverse fixture earlier this season and will be looking for a similar performance in order to earn three points at Camp Nou. However, a string of key injuries have left the visitors deflated as they look to inflict upon the Catalans their first home defeat this season.
Lionel Messi is expected to be back in the squad after undergoing a minor surgery for kidney stones on Tuesday. Having rested his squad for the second leg clash against Valencia, Luis Enrique will have a full strength squad at his disposal for the clash against Celta Vigo.
Probable Starting XI: Bravo (GK); Pique, Mascherano, Alba, Alves; Busquets, Rakitic, Iniesta, Messi, Neymar; Suarez
Eduardo Berizzo has a tough task ahead of him as four of his regular players—Nolito, Fontas, Orellana and Sergi Gomez—remain unavailable for selection against Barcelona.
Probable Starting XI: Alvarez (GK); Mallo, Castro, Cabral, Planas; Radoja, Pablo, Wass, Diaz; Aspas, Guidetti
- Barcelona haven’t lost a single game in 29 matches in all fixtures (club record).
- Barcelona have won 3 of their last 5 fixtures against Celta Vigo.
- Celta Vigo have won only one of their last 7 fixtures in all competitions.
- Barcelona are currently undefeated at home in the La Liga this season.
- Celta Vigo are the only team in the top half of the La Liga table to have a negative goal difference.
Barcelona 3-1 Celta Vigo
While Celta Vigo proved to be a tough opponent earlier this year, Barcelona should be able to extend their lead on the top of the table with a comfortable win over Celta Vigo. Taking the opposition’s injury concerns into consideration, it looks like Luis Enrique is on course to extend his 30 game unbeaten streak at Barcelona.
Celta Vigo- 25