This is set to be an absolute belter of a match, with both Fiorentina and Inter Milan needing a win to keep their chances of ending up in the top three positions alive.
While AS Roma are currently sitting on the third position one point ahead of Fiorentina, the Viola can reclaim their position by winning this game. Meanwhile Inter Milan, who made a great start to this season, have faded away after the winter break and are quickly slipping down the Serie A table. It is a must win for them, as they would otherwise fall further behind Fiorentina and Roma.
Probable Starting XI (3-4-2-1): Tatarusanu; Astori, Rodriguez, Roncaglia; Alonso, Valero, Vecino, Bernardeschi; Tello, Ilicic; Kalinic.
Probable Starting XI (4-4-2): Handanovic; Telles, Miranda, Murillo, D’Ambrosio; Perisic, Medel, Kondogbia, Ljalic; Eder, Icardi.
- Felipe Melo has been the destroyer in chief, in the middle of the park for Inter Milan, but Roberto Mancini would have to do without the suspended Brazilian midfielder.
- Fiorentina have been leading in each half of five of their last seven Serie A matches at the Stadio Artemio Franchi.
- Inter Milan have scored as many as seven goals from set piece situations this season.
- Fiorentina have scored 11 times in their last seven home matches in all competitions.
- Inter Milan have lost all of their last three matches against Fiorentina across all competitions.
ACF Fiorentina 3-2 Inter Milan
This should be a feisty encounter between Fiorentina and Inter Milan, with both the sides intent on winning and securing a spot in the top three, which would ensure a place in next season’s Champions League. A win for Fiorentina would definitely deal a huge blow to Inter Milan’s chances of making it to Europe’s elite competition.
Odds (Paddy Power)
ACF Fiorentina: 5/4
Inter Milan: 23/10