Liverpool FC host Sunderland at Anfield on Saturday, hoping to put the disappointing result in midweek which saw them lose 2-0 to Leicester City behind them .
The game is already overshadowed by reports of the first ever walk out being planned by Liverpool FC fans, as the fans grow more and more discontented with the rising ticket prices at Anfield.
There has hardly been a cause for being happy on the pitch as well, with the team continuing to blow hot and cold in terms of their results. They are already 11 points behind 4th placed Arsenal FC, and the hopes of finishing in the top four have already started to fade away. With such a gap at this stage in the competition, the Reds can hardly afford to drop any more points, especially in games they are expected to win.
Possible Starting XI (4-3-3): Mignolet; Clyne, Sakho, Lovren, Moreno; Allen, Can, Henderson, Milner, Firmino, Ibe
Possible Starting XI (4-5-1): Mannone; Jones, O’Shea, Kone, Van Aanholt; Kirchhoff, M’Villa, Catermole, Kharzi, Borini; Defoe
- Sunderland have lost 8 of their last 10 away matches in the Premier League.
- Liverpool are undefeated in their last 13 home matches against Sunderland in all competitions.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Sunderland’s last 5 away games in the league.
- Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 matches against Sunderland in all competitions.
- Sunderland have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 5 away matches in the league.
- Liverpool have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches against Sunderland in all competitions.
Liverpool FC 2-1 Sunderland
While the Black Cats have had a surge in their recent form, the Liverpool FC squad will be fired up following yet another disappointment in midweek. The possible return of Philippe Coutinho in the game will be an added bonus for the Merseyside outfit, who have struggled to create chances in his absence, failing to score in over 5 hours of football.
Liverpool win: 4/9
Sunderland win: 15/2