Chelsea FC travel to Vicarage Road on Wednesday hoping to keep up their current run of good form under Guus Hiddink, which has seen the Blues undefeated since the Dutchman took over the reigns at Stamford Bridge.
Quique Sánchez Flores’ Watford ended a five-match winless run in the Premier League in their last game against Newcastle United, with Odion Ighalo once again playing a starring role for the Hornets in the win. The Nigerian international will look to have a similar influence on Wednesday, when his side take on an in-form Chelsea FC.
The win against Arsenal FC at the Emirates as well as the return to form of Diego Costa and Cesc Fàbregas has been a major boost for Guus Hiddink, and with Belgian Eden Hazard now returning from injury, Chelsea will have designs on picking up all three points at Vicarage Road.
Possible starting line-up (4-4-2): Gomes; Nyom, Cathcart, Britos, Holebas; Behrami, Capoue, Suárez, Jurado; Deeney (C), Ighalo
Possible starting line-up (4-2-3-1): Courtois; Ivanović, Zouma, Terry (C), Azpilicueta; Mikel, Fàbregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa
- Watford have kept 6 clean sheets in their last 12 home matches in the Premier League.
- Chelsea FC are yet to lose a Premier League game since the sacking of José Mourinho on the 17th of December.
- Troy Deeney has created 26 goal scoring opportunities for Odion Ighalo in 2015/2016 — a better combination than any other in the division
- Chelsea FC have won just 28 points from their 23 Premier League games thus far — they took just 11 matches to better that tally last season.
- Odion Ighalo has scored 7 goals in his last 7 games at home for Watford this season.
Watford 1 – 2 Chelsea FC
The Blues are playing some good football at the moment, and the fine form of Diego Costa and international team-mate Cesc Fàbregas has been one of the major reasons for this upturn in fortunes. The return of Eden Hazard as well as Oscar’s purple patch means that Chelsea FC should be able to create enough opportunities to outscore Watford on Wednesday.
Watford win: 4.20
Chelsea FC win: 2.00