Chelsea FC travel the short distance to Milton Keynes for their FA Cup fourth round tie on Sunday, hoping to build on the impressive result at the Emirates against one of the title favourites in Arsenal FC.
Chelsea FC have yet to lose a game since Guus Hiddink took over as interim manager, and although the performances under the Dutchman’s stewardship haven’t always been great, the result against London rivals Arsenal FC could provide a major boost to the Blues for the rest of the campaign.
Meanwhile, MK Dons go into Sunday’s clash at the Stadium MK having lost their previous game in the Championship against Bolton Wanderers, and Karl Robinson’s men will look to turn things around as quickly as possible.
Possible starting line-up (4-2-3-1): Martin; Spence, Kay, Walsh, Lewington (C); Forster-Caskey, Potter; Carruthers, Williams, Murphy; Church
Possible starting line-up (4-2-3-1): Begović; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Cahill (C), Baba Rahman; Fàbregas, Mikel; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa
- Chelsea FC have never faced MK Dons in a competitive fixture till date
- MK Dons have only managed 1 win in 6 FA Cup home games against teams from a higher division
- Chelsea FC have reached the 4th round of the FA Cup for the 18th consecutive season
- MK Dons won their last game against Premier League opposition, beating QPR in 2013 at this stage of the competition
- Chelsea FC are unbeaten in their last eight games in all competitions (W4, D4)
MK Dons 0 – 2 Chelsea FC
The return of Eden Hazard should give Chelsea FC attacking impetus in the final third, and the in-form Diego Costa will also benefit due to his excellent relationship with the Belgian on the pitch. Guus Hiddink’s men should have too much quality for the hosts, and the likes of Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Kenedy could also make an appearance if the game is buried at an early stage.
MK Dons win: 11.00
Chelsea FC win: 1.33