Arsenal FC host Championship side Burnley in the fourth round of the FA Cup on Saturday, looking to continue their defence of the trophy for the second consecutive season.
Arsenal FC manager Arsène Wenger might get the opportunity to field new signing Mohamed Elneny in front of the Gunners’ home support on Saturday, while French midfielder Francis Coquelin is also reportedly available for selection.
Burnley are on a superb run of form at the moment with five wins in their last six games, and will go to North London with nothing to lose. Sean Dyche and his side won over many Premier League fans last season, and they will look to win the neutral support this weekend as they look to cause the cup’s first major upset.
Probable starting line-up (4-2-3-1): Ospina; Bellerín, Gabriel, Koscielny, Gibbs; Elneny, Ramsey; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Özil, Sánchez; Walcott (C)
Probable starting line-up (4-4-2): Heaton (C); Lowton, Keane, Mee, Ward; Boyd, Jones, Barton, Arfield; Vokes, Gray
- Arsenal FC have won their last five matches in the FA Cup against Burnley, scoring 16 goals and conceding just 1 in the process
- Burnley are undefeated in their last six matches in all competitions — their best run of form this season
- Arsenal FC have won 32 of their last 39 FA Cup matches at home
- Burnley have scored more goals in the last fifteen minutes this season than they have in any other period of the game (26.1%)
- Olivier Giroud has scored 9 goals in his last 13 appearances in the FA Cup for Arsenal FC
Arsenal FC 3 – 0 Burnley
Sean Dyche will set up his team to defend and try and nick a goal on the counter, but Arsenal FC should have too much firepower for the Clarets, particularly with the return of Alexis Sánchez to first-team action following a long-term injury. A comfortable victory is likely for the Gunners in front of their home supporters.
Arsenal FC win: 1.44
Burnley win: 8.50