Tottenham Hotspur needed a late controversial penalty decision to keep themselves in the FA Cup, and after suffering a loss in the Premier League to the Foxes, manager Mauricio Pochettino will want to exact quick revenge by winning the cup replay
After a run of poor results towards the end of 2015 and the beginning of the new year, many believed Leicester City’s slide had started. However, the Foxes’ win over Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane in the Premier League once again initiated speculation about whether Claudio Ranieri’s men can finish in the Champions League spots at the expense of Mauricio Pochettino’s side.
The Argentine will do everything in his power to ensure that doesn’t happen, and he can land a significant blow to Leicester City’s morale by dumping them out of the FA Cup when his side visit the King Power Stadium on Wednesday.
Possible starting lineup (4-4-2): Schmeichel (C); De Laet, Wasilewski, Benalouane, Chilwell; Mahrez, Kanté, King, Dyer; Ulloa, Vardy
Possible starting lineup (4-2-3-1): Vorm; Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose; Bentaleb, Carroll; Son, Onomah, Chadli; Kane (C)
- Leicester City have failed to find the back of the net in their previous two games at the King Power Stadium, but have scored in every single previous game at home this season
- Tottenham Hotspur are yet to beat Claudio Ranieri’s men in three attempts so far this season (D2, L1)
- Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy has now failed to find the back of the net since the 14th of December — his longest dry spell this season
- Tottenham Hotspur have lost their previous two FA Cup ties against the Foxes prior to this season
- Leicester City have just 1 win in their last 6 games in all competitions — their worst run of results this season
Leicester City 2 – 1 Tottenham Hotspur
The starting lineups for the two sides will reveal much about how much importance the two managers place on the FA Cup this season, and home advantage could make the difference against a Spurs side that is expected to be very different to the first-choice starting XI. A slender home win is on the cards in this one.
Leicester City: 2.95
Tottenham Hotspur: 2.50