Manchester City take on Crystal Palace knowing that anything but a win will be greeted with a grim response from the home fans, having drawn 0-0 with Everton in midweek.
The Citizens are under pressure to keep pace with league leaders Arsenal FC, having failed to capitalise on the Gunners’ dropping of points in midweek against Liverpool FC.
With the shadow of Pep Guardiola looming large over the Etihad, Manuel Pellegrini must ensure that his troops are focussed against a side that has proven to be a difficult opposition for top sides under Allen Pardew.
Palace are level on points with Liverpool FC, and 9 behind City in the 8th place, such has been the rise under the former Newcastle United manager.
City will have to bring their A-game if they are to win the tie and keep the pressure on Arsenal FC.
Predicted Line Up (4-2-3-1): Hart; Sagna, Demichellis, Otamendi, Kolarov; Fernandinho, Toure; Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero
Predicted Line Up (4-2-3-1): Speroni; Ward, Delaney, Dann, Souare; McArthur, Cabaye, Zaha, Puncheon, Sakho, Wickham
- Crystal Palace have failed to score in their last four Premier League ties.
- Manchester City have won 9 of their last 10 games against Crystal Palace.
- Manchester City are undefeated in the last 17 out of 19 Premier League home games.
- Yaya Toure has scored in his last 4 out of 5 games against Crystal Palace.
- Crystal Palace have failed to score in last 4 out of 5 games against Manchester City.
Manchester City 4-1 Crystal Palace
Having failed to capitalise the dropped points by Arsenal FC in midweek, City will be pumped up to set things right. The return of David Silva to the starting XI will be added bonus for the Citizens, who beat Palace 5-1 in October in the League Cup tie.
Manchester City Win: 2/5
Crystal Palace Win: 15/2