After a dismal Euro 2016 campaign, things went from bad to worse for Chris Smalling, as he fell ill due to food poisoning.

The last few weeks have just not gone right for Chris Smalling. It all began with a disappointing Euro 2016 run that ended in a shambolic defeat to Iceland, and now the defender finds himself hospitalized due to a bout of food poisoning.

Earlier, reports suggested that the defender had been stung by a jellyfish while on vacation on Bali. In an image shared on social media, the 25-year-old is pictured wearing a neck brace and a guard on his head.  The only plausible reason the Sun could see was that he suffered from a surfing accident due to which he was hospitalized.

Smalling’s club Manchester United then broke the ice about his situation, by releasing a statement saying that he suffered from food-poisoning, and had collapsed the previous day. The excerpt failed to mention the reason for him wearing external coverings on his face and neck.

However, fans on Twitter saw the funny side of it:


Leave A Comment...

*