The second matchday went almost as expected, with Sheffield United perhaps, providing the biggest unexpected result as they beat Crystal Palace 1-0. Elsewhere, Wolves snatched a draw against Manchester United, thanks to a penalty miss from Paul Pogba while Chelsea were lucky to not be beaten by Leicester at Stamford Bridge.
Arsenal had a relatively comfortable outing in a 2-1 win over Burnley. Liverpool were successful in grabbing all three points despite periods of dominance from Southampton and Adrian’s costly error. The third matchday sees the two sides go head-to-head with one of the two teams set to come out of the fixture with their winning start ended.
Manchester United will welcome a Crystal Palace side that are yet to score in the 2019-20 season while Norwich welcome a Chelsea side that still has a long way to go before they are set in their ways under Frank Lampard.
Before we move on to the third matchday and the tips for the matches, let us look at how our tips for Matchday 2 fared.
Probables Result: 12/14 (Total: 18/27)
Total Buckshot Result: 1/1
Outside Chance Result: 1/6
Norwich vs Chelsea
A game where Chelsea come into the match with less points compared to Norwich, who convincingly beat Newcastle in Matchday 2. The Blues have had a rough start to life under Frank Lampard and Norwich are no by-standers, as has been proven so far.
The Canaries showed against Liverpool that they are prepared to play their own brand of football regardless of the opposition, which makes this an exciting match for the neutrals. Chelsea will look to take advantage of Norwich’s vulnerable backline themselves. A free-flowing match expected.
1. Both Teams to Score – YES @ 1.53
2. Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.57
1. Norwich Draw No Bet @ 3.25
Manchester United vs Crystal Palace
United have had a very good start to their season, grabbing 4 of 6 points from the two matches they failed to win last season and if not for the missed penalty, the Red Devils would have come in with the perfect record. Palace, on the other hand, are yet to even open their scoring for the 2019-20 Premier League season.
With Manchester United having an improved backline, expect the home side to stretch Palace to three games without a goal. On the other hand, Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford’s form will likely ensure United score at the opposite end. A United win but more importantly, a clean sheet beckons.
1. Manchester United Clean Sheet – YES @ 1.83
2. Manchester United Asian Handicap – 1.0 @ 1.525
1. Manchester United Asian Handicap – 2.5 @ 3.550
Liverpool vs Arsenal
Liverpool go into the match not as the more favoured side anymore, thanks to Arsenal’s brilliant business in the summer along with their current form. Liverpool’s defence looked shaky against Norwich and Southampton and Unai Emery would have taken note of the situation. Expect Arsenal to score but Liverpool to be able to match them.
1. Both Teams to Score – YES @ 1.57
2. Arsenal Asian Handicap + 1.5 @ 1.650
1. Full Time Result – Draw @ 4.6
2. Arsenal Draw No Bet @ 4.50
Bournemouth vs Manchester City
There’s no looking past the defending Premier League champions for this game. Bournemouth have started their campaign poorly and City will be in redemption mode after their 2-2 draw against Tottenham. Expect a thumping for the away side.
1. Manchester City Asian Handicap – 1.5 @ 1.525
2. Manchester City Clean Sheet – YES @ 1.83
1. Manchester City Asian Handicap – 3.5 @ 3.700
Tottenham vs Newcastle
Similar to the Bournemouth-City game, albeit the opposite ends, the home side is expected to run riot. Tottenham will be encouraged by the 2-2 draw against Manchester City while Newcastle will be low on morale after their unceremonious 3-1 defeat to Norwich. An easy win for Tottenham.
1. Tottenham Asian Handicap – 1.5 @ 1.775
2. Tottenham Clean Sheet – YES @ 1.80
1. Tottenham First Half Asian Handicap – 1.5 @ 3.450
Leicester City should finally be able to grab their first win of the 2019-20 season when they face Sheffield United at the Bramall Lane. Watford and West Ham will be an enticing fixture, with neither side inspiring confidence in their performances so far. Brighton will be looking to keep their undefeated streak going as they host Southampton.
Wolves and Burnley should also be an intriguing prospect for neutrals, with Burnley in form while Wolves will have Europa League qualification to look forward to.
1. Jamie Vardy to score anytime @ 2.30
2. Sheffield United vs Leicester City – Leicester City Draw No Bet @ 1.57
3. Wolves vs Burnley – Full Time Result – Draw or Burnley @ 1.83
4. Aston Villa vs Everton – Everton Draw No Bet @ 1.61
5. Brighton vs Southampton – Both Teams to Score – YES @ 1.80
1. Watford vs West Ham – Full Time Result – Draw @ 3.50
Matchday 3 Buckshot (Tip of the Matchday): Leicester Draw No Bet @ 1.57 against Sheffield United