The Premier League enters the ninth Gameweek of the 2018-19 campaign, with Chelsea vs Manchester United the headline fixture.
Games don’t come much bigger than this. The Jose Mourinho derby as it can be called. Chelsea host a Manchester United side led by their former manager Jose Mourinho, who is in dire need of a turnaround at United this season. Manchester City welcome Burnley at Etihad while West Ham square off against Tottenham.
Injury-stricken Liverpool face a Huddersfield side still looking for their first win of the season. So are Newcastle United, who host a Brighton side managed by former coach Chris Hughton. Everton will look to make it three wins out of three as they host Crystal Palace on Sunday.
Arsenal take on Leicester City on Monday night to round out the gameweek.
Before we move on to the profitable markets, let us take a look at how things panned out for us in the eighth gameweek.
Favourable Bets Result: 7/15
Underdog Bets Result: 3/5
THT Favourable Bets Overall: 61/114
Chelsea vs Manchester United
A match that is tougher to call than it seems. The most profitable market in this match is likely to be corners and cards. The fixture has produced some intriguing results in recent times and the scoreline or result is something that is tough to gauge.
Still, Maurizio Sarri’s side have the edge. Manchester United’s record away to Chelsea is not reassuring. But, Jose Mourinho needs a result at Stamford Bridge. He would have rallied his troops in a way to make them realise the gravity of the situation.
A tough run awaits Manchester United and it would be catastrophic for the Red Devils to start it off with a defeat. Expect a dogged affair, with draw being the likeliest result.
1. Full Time Result – Draw or Manchester United @ 2.10
2. Over 10.5 Match Corners @ 1.90
1. Marcus Rashford to score anytime @ 4.33
2. Manchester United Draw No Bet @ 3.50
Huddersfield vs Liverpool
Genuinely, these are the games that should worry Liverpool fans. The Reds have struggled against the feeders in the league. To add to the past contusions, Jurgen Klopp and his men go into the match with several of their key stars out injured. The manager improved the depth of his squad in the summer, which will have their first real test against Huddersfield.
The Terriers have failed to score against Liverpool in the Premier League thus far in the 3 outings. Don’t be surprised if the match ends the way it starts.
1. Huddersfield Asian Handicap +1.5 @ 1.910
2. Under 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.00
3. Liverpool Clean Sheet – YES @ 1.66
1. Huddersfield Clean Sheet – YES @ 8.00
2. Huddersfield to win @ 11.00
Arsenal vs Leicester City
Unai Emery will hope to keep the good times going at Emirates. The Gunners have an imperious record against Leicester City at home recently and will be the favourites going into the match. Leicester stumbled against Everton before the international break and could find it tough to tackle the new Arsenal wave.
1. Both Teams to Score – YES @ 1.57
2. Alexandre Lacazette to score anytime @ 2.10
1. Correct Scoreline: Arsenal 2-1 Leicester @ 8.50
West Ham and Tottenham will see tackles and cards aplenty. Spurs though, should be good for the money on Saturday. Fulham should do well to lodge their second win of the season when they face a hapless Cardiff side. We favour Newcastle to emerge victorious over Brighton and grab their first win of the season to give Rafa Benitez some relief.
1. Tottenham to beat West Ham @ 1.80
2. Cardiff vs Fulham – Draw or Fulham @ 1.57
3. Wolves vs Watford – Both Teams to Score – YES @ 1.95
4. Newcastle to beat Brighton @ 2.15
5. Everton to beat Crystal Palace @ 1.80
6. Manchester City vs Burnley – Burnley Asian Handicap +3.0 @ 1.775
1. West Ham vs Tottenham – A red card in match – YES @ 5.00
2. Manchester City vs Burnley – Draw or Burnley @ 10.00