We explore the potentially profitable markets for the readers to select from as Chelsea and Arsenal headline the second gameweek of the Premier League.
Cardiff get us off on Saturday as they play hosts to Newcastle United. In the next bout of fixtures, Claude Puel will be looking to take some steam off him as Leicester City take on Wolverhampton Wanderers at King Power. Tottenham take on a Fulham side that will be disappointed on their result in the opening week.
But, the big match of Gameweek 2 is the London derby. Chelsea host Arsenal, with two new managers on the hotseat. The duo will get their first real taste of the rivalry, despite playing each other during the pre-season tour. Manchester United will hope to avoid a repeat of their last visit to Brighton while Manchester City go up against Huddersfield.
It will be an enticing encounter as Crystal Palace host Liverpool on Monday, with the fixture etching its name as one to watch out for after their 3-3 draw a few seasons ago.
Before we move on to the profitable markets, let us take a look at how things panned out for us in the first gameweek.
Favourable Bets Result: 8/15
Underdog Bets Result: None of them hit home.
THT Favourable Bets Overall: 8/15
Chelsea vs Arsenal
The big game of the weekend pits two London rivals against each other. Both Chelsea and Arsenal are under new managers and set to undergo a phase of transition, albeit Arsenal’s being a tougher one, with Arsene Wenger departing after more than two decades.
Chelsea’s first game of the season did see a bit of sluggishness. But, they picked things up, took their chances and in the end, came away with a comfortable 3-0 win. Arsenal, on the other hand, struggled against Manchester City, with team chemistry found lacking.
Chelsea and Arsenal will be an even affair and it could come down to individual moments of brilliance, which could hand Chelsea the advantage.
1. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – Over 0.5 Shots on Target @ 1.66
2. Match Offsides – Over 4.5 @ 2.37
1. Full Time Result – Draw @ 4.00
Brighton vs Manchester United
One of the games that contributed to Manchester United conceding the title chase to Manchester City, Brighton did not start out strong and will be looking to jump back into the last season groove with a repeat of their 2017-18 fixture at the same ground.
Jose Mourinho though, has looked the happiest he has been in the last couple of months as Manchester United go in raring to record another win. Expect the Red Devils to be clinical at Brighton.
1. Manchester United to win @ 1.80
2. Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.20
3. Romelu Lukaku to score anytime @ 2.20
1. Manchester United to score in both halves – YES @ 3.00
Crystal Palace vs Liverpool
Liverpool’s season-opening win would be a warning shot to their rivals. But, a sterner test awaits them at Selhurst Park. Palace have only gone on to improve their squad, with the club managing to retain the services of star man Wilfried Zaha. The Eagles have always been a nuisance and look like a genuine top-half team under Roy Hodgson.
We should see some goals at either end, irrespective of the result.
1. Both Teams to Score – YES @ 1.75
2. Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.57
3. Christian Benteke – Over 0.5 Shots on Target @ 1.80
1. Crystal Palace to win Either Half – YES @ 3.25
Everton should record their first win under the Marcos Silva regime as they face Southampton while Huddersfield should be good for the handicap play. Leicester vs Wolves and Cardiff vs Newcastle should be even encounters, with a goal likely to be the difference, if any, at the end of the game.
1. Manchester City vs Huddersfield – Huddersfield Asian Handicap +3.0 @1.675
2. Everton to beat Southampton @ 2.05
3. Cardiff vs Newcastle – Newcastle Asian Handicap 0.0 @ 1.650
4. Leicester vs Wolves – Both Teams to Score – YES @ 1.80
5. Cenk Tosun to score anytime @ 2.50
6. Tottenham vs Fulham – Fulham Asian Handicap +2.0 @ 1.600
1. Tottenham vs Fulham – Full Time Result – Draw or Fulham @ 3.75