The Hard Tackle takes a look at the best betting markets for the top fixtures over the weekend, including the Tottenham vs Chelsea game.
Manchester City face a Burnley side who have been great at home and equally woeful on their away trips. Liverpool travel to the Stadium of Light hoping to pile more misery on Sunderland while an in-form Manchester United are also away, but to a resurgent West Ham United.
Bournemouth host Arsenal but the match of the whole range of fixtures has to be the London derby between Tottenham and Chelsea at White Hart Lane. Chelsea have the prospect of making a new record of 14 consecutive wins in a single season.
The Hard Tackle takes a look at the potentially profitable markets available in the top matches:
(Note that the odds mentioned here have been extracted from Bet365.com as presented on smartbets.com)
(Note that all stakes are taken as 1 unit)
Favourable Bets for Game-week 19: 9/18
The Hard Tackle aggregate: 106/209
Underdogs Result: We got 2 right out of 8.
Manchester City FC vs Burnley FC
Manchester City would be looking to respond after a narrow 1-0 loss to Liverpool, which saw them slip further away from league leaders Chelsea. But their odds have provided an Asian Handicap of around 2 goals and beyond, something which seems too good to be true, albeit for the people betting against the Citizens.
Burnley have been in good form but even with a woeful away form, they are unlikely to lose by a margin of 2 goals or more, if they do end up losing.
1. Burnley Asian Handicap +2.0,2.5 @ 1.850
2. Over 2.5 Burnley Corners @ 1.72
3. Manchester City Asian Handicap Cards +1.0 @ 1.80
1. Burnley Clean Sheet – YES @ 15.00
Sunderland FC vs Liverpool FC
Liverpool are on a run and a stuttering Sunderland are unlikely to stop them. But the goals are sure to come in abundance in this fixture and this could just turn out to be a game which even goes up to 5 goals or beyond.
1. Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.60
1. Jermain Defoe to score anytime @ 3.40
West Ham United FC vs Manchester United FC
Both teams registered themselves on the score-sheet in the two fixtures played this season. This one seems set to be a tight affair, with both the teams on a roll of sorts currently.
But it is Manchester United that have the upper hand and they are likely to present another good display, hopefully backed by a positive result, as has been the case for the whole of December.
1. Manchester United to win @ 1.65
2. Both Teams to Score @ 1.80
3. Over 1.5 West Ham United Cards @ 1.57
4. Over 9.5 Corners @ 1.72
1. Over 3.5 Match Goals @ 3.00
AFC Bournemouth vs Arsenal FC
Arsenal seem favourites looking at the fixture and their current position in the league. But the fixture seems closer than it seems and the odds are rightly placed.
1. Over 10.5 Corners @ 2.00
1. Bournemouth Asian Handicap 0.0 @ 3.20
Tottenham FC vs Chelsea FC
Tottenham and Chelsea go head-to-head in a sumptuous London Derby at the White Hart Lane. Chelsea can make a new league record with a 14th straight win while Tottenham can provide the chasing pack with a chance to close the gap at the top with a victory at home.
While Chelsea are in ominous form, Tottenham’s 4-1 away win at Watford has seen the attacking trio of Christian Eriksen, Dele Alli and Harry Kane all in top form ahead of the crucial fixture. Expect fireworks.
1. Tottenham Asian Handicap 0.0 @ 1.950
2. Over 10.5 Corners @ 1.80
1. Dele Alli to score anytime @ 3.60
Crystal Palace are primed for their first win under Sam Allardyce as they host a manager-less Swansea City while Hull City will find it hard to contain an in-form West Brom side.
1. Crystal Palace to win @ 1.75
2. Leicester City Asian Handicap 0.0 @ 2.00
3. Everton – Southampton Both Teams to Score @ 1.95
4. Everton over 1.5 Cards @ 1.53
5. Middlesbrough vs Leicester City Over 3.5 Cards @ 1.61
6. West Brom over 1.5 Cards @ 2.00
7. Hull City over 1.5 Cards @ 1.53
8. Crystal Palace over 1.5 Cards @ 1.61
1. Everton – Southampton Full Time Result – Draw @ 3.40
2. Stoke City – Watford Full Time Result – Draw @ 3.50