Theo Walcott has rubbished reports of a bust-up with boss Arsene Wenger and claims Arsenal are yet to offer him a contract extension.

The England star is approaching the final year of his deal at the Emirates, with speculation that he is demanding more than A?100,000-per-week to extend his stay in north London.

Wenger said last month that the Gunners had started negotiations with the 26-year-old in a bid to get his future tied down.

On March 14, Wenger said: “The first contacts have been established with the embassy. We will see how that (negotiations) progresses politically.”

“Walcott was difficult to convince (in 2013) and that is why it took us much time.”

“We have started very early with him, but it was slow progress – he is very quick on the pitch, but off the pitch not always.”

Wenger continued: “I always wanted to keep him and I still want to keep him.”

“I want him to stay and be a regular player and fight for his place, but no matter where you go if it is a big club you have to compete for your place.”

However, Walcott,who has recently returned from a lengthy absence caused by a knee ligament injury sustained in January 2014,has taken to social media to clarify the issue and insists contract talks are yet to begin.

He said: “I don’t normally comment on false stories about myself but reports about contract demands & bust-ups with the boss are complete nonsense.

“There have been no contract talks as yet and my current focus is not on contracts but on doing my best for Arsenal FC.”

Walcott has recently returned from a lengthy absence caused by a knee ligament injury sustained in January 2014.

Other Premier league clubs are keeping their tabs on the contract situation of the former Southampton winger,with Arsenal’s Premier League rivals Liverpool and Manchester United ready to offer the Arsenal star an exit route.

Walcott has made 294 appearances for the Gunners since his arrival from Southampton in 2006, scoring 72 goals.