Prolific striker Sergio Aguero and inspirational captain Vincent Kompany, are expected to be in the starting lineup against Arsenal. Both, Aguero and Kompay made substitute appearances in Manchester City’s last match against Everton, and are expected to play the full ninety minutes this time. While, Manchester City will be rejuvenated by the inclusion of Sergio Aguero in attack, the absence of creative midfielder Samir Nasri, could prove to be ‘hefty’ miss. The former Arsenal man is suffering a calf injury and is expected to be out for three weeks. Striker, Edin Dzeko is also doubtful for Manchester City’s clash against Arsenal. With both Yaya Toure and new recruit Wilfried Bony, missing due to AFCON, an optimistic Arsenal can hope for an upset at the Etihad Stadium.
Meanwhile, Arsenal will be without the services of defender Mathieu Debuchy and midfielder Mikel Arteta, who have been ruled out for three months after surgery. The London club side is expected to field a fully fit Callum Chambers, while Keiran Gibbs is doubtful with a heel problem.
- Manchester City are undefeated in their last five Premier League meetings with Arsenal (W2, D3).
- They have lost just one of their last six league games with Arsenal at the Etihad.
- There have been six red cards in the last nine Premier League matches between these two sides.
- Manchester City have dropped four points – against Everton and Burnley – in their last three games (W1, D2).
- Their only home defeat in the league this season came in August against Stoke (W7, D2).
- However, they have conceded two goals in each of their last two matches at home – they haven’t shipped two or more goals in three consecutive home Premier League games since October 2002.
- City are currently on a scoring run of 18 Premier League matches, their longest sequence since April-December 2011 (23 matches).
- Arsenal have lost just one of their last six league games (W4, D1).
- However, they have only won two of their six most recent away matches in the Premier League (D1, L3).
- At this stage last season, Arsenal were top of the league with 48 points. They are currently on 36 points.
- Alexis Sanchez has contributed to 19 Premier League goals this season (12 goals, 7 assists), more than any other player in the league. Sergio Aguero is next with 17.
- The Gunners have scored eight headed goals this season – the second highest in the league behind West Ham (14).
Manchester City’s provisional squad: Hart, Caballero, Zabaleta, Sagna, Demichelis, Kompany, Mangala, Boyata, Clichy, Kolarov, Milner, Silva, Navas, Sinclair, Fernando, Fernandinho, Lampard, Aguero, Jovetic, Dzeko.
Arsenal’s provisional squad: Szczesny, Ospina, Monreal, Chambers, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Bellerin, Coquelin, Ramsey, Flamini, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Walcott, Ozil, Sanchez, Campbell, Akpom, Maitland-Niles.