Juventus president Andrea Agnelli has hinted that Paul Pogba could leave the club this summer amidst interest from FC Barcelona and Manchester City.
The future of Paul Pogba has been subject of intense speculation over the past few weeks, with recent reports in Catalan media suggesting that Juventus and FC Barcelona have reached a gentlemana s agreement regarding the transfer of the player in 2016/17 season.
However, contrary to the reports, Juventus . confirmed that Barcelona did have a bid rejected for Paul Pogba in a meeting between the representatives of the two clubs.
Catalan newspaper Sport had claimed earlier that Juventus had the following three offers on the table for the former Manchester United youngster: a 80m + a 10m in add-ons from FC Barcelona to purchase in July 2016, a 50m + Brazilian midfielder Oscar from Chelsea FC to purchase this summer, and a cash-only a 100m offer from Manchester City to purchase the France international this summer.
And not, Juventes president Andrea Angelli has moved to lower expectations of Paul Pogba remaining with the club beyond the close of the transfer window by admitting that nothing is sure in football and all players will only be not for sale when the window closes.
“Nothing is 100 per cent in football, players are not for sale starting from September 1,” he said at a press conference.
“Some years ago we said [Christian] Vieri was not for sale and he went to Atletico Madrid few days after…”
Pogba’s deal with Juventus runs until 2019 and the player, and FC Barcelona presidential candidate Joan Laporta has declared that the Frenchman is “enthusiastic” about signing for the European Champions and Laporta would secure the former Manchester United man should he become the president of the club on the election due on 18th of July.