The top of the table encounter between FC Goa and FC Pune City saw both teams sharing the spoils, as FC Pune Citya s marquee player Adrian Mutua s very late volley earned the Stallions a point.

The match was played at a frantic pace with both teams playing end to end stuff in the first half, that saw three goals scored with FC Goa flourishing after a late flurry of attacks. But Zico and the Guars, after conceding a goal in the added time of the second half, would be left disappointed to not return with three points.

FC Pune City manager David Platt, who has constantly fiddled with lineup to keep everyone fresh in the squad, made four changes that saw marquee player Adrian Mutu handed a place in starting eleven alongside Manish Maithani, James Bailey and Gouramangi Singh. While FC Goa made one change in their lineup with Romeo Fernandes returning to the starting eleven, as Luciano Sobrosa made way for the Indian midfielder.


FC Pune City made a brighter start of the two teams and had their first real chance to break the deadlock on the 19th minute when Didier Zokora brilliant pass found Adrian Mutu, but Mutua s shot was straight at Laxmikant Kattimani.

The Stallions had to wait till the 32nd minute to capitalise on their bright start, when a lung bursting run from Didier Zokora saw take out most of the FC Goa team before his cutback was tapped in by India international Eugeneson Lyngdoh.

Having gone a goal down, FC Goa went straight for the goal from the kickoff and found their equaliser on the 35th minute as Rafael Coelho made a driving run with the ball before unleashing a rasping shot that went past a stubborn Steve Simonsen.

The next few minutes saw FC Goa relentless in attack, with Jonatan Lucca and Romeo Fernandes trying their luck but Simonsen and Gouramangi kept the scoreline same for FC Pune City.

The Guars with their attacks had managed to push Stallions back into their own half and was rewarded with the lead on the 44th minute, when Jonatan Luccaa s shot from the right was deflected into the goal by James Bailey.

FC Goa started the second half as they ended their first, but FC Pune City soon returned into the game and started asking questions at the FC Goa defence. Mutu was guilty of missing a chance on the 63rd minute, as his poor first touch allowed the FC Goa to nick off the chance. Three minutes later, Eugenesona s first time shot was tipped away by Kattimani for a corner in a match that saw 23 corners awarded in total.

FC Pune City nearly equalised on the 75th minute, when Nicky Shoreya s cross was headed across the box but Eugeneson Lyngdoh fell a bit short to convert it. The Romanian though made no mistake when it came to him on the added time, as the volley went past a desperate Kattimani.

Image Courtesy: ISL Media