FC Barcelona defender Marc Bartra says that he has no intention of leaving the club, insisting that he is not listening to any offers coming his way.
Marc Bartra had earlier revealed that due to a shortage of appearances, his buy-out clause now stands at a 15 Million, alerting many clubs to his imminent future.
Much like Thiago Alcantaraa s situation two years ago when due to a lack of appearances, the player’s release clause dropped at just a 12 Million. FC Barcelona fans were under the fear they could lose another promising academy product.
Bartra going nowhere
However, Marc Barta has squashed any fears that the Blaugrana faithfuls might have by stating that he has no intention to leave the club.
“I’m not listening to offers,” Bartra told reporters on Thursday. “My head is focused 100 per cent on Barca.
“My goal is to surpass the 21 games I played as a starter last season.”
Bartra broke into the first-team squad in 2010 and has since been capped by Spain, but he has yet to nail down a regular berth in the Catalans’ starting line-up.
Despite a shortage of specialist central-defenders, Marc Bartra was only sparingly used by coach Luis Enrique. The manager preferred Jeremy Mathieu, and Defensive midfielder Javier Mascherano over Bartra and his choice was vindicated with FC Barcelona having the meanest defense in the league
Marc Bartra dropping bombs: “My release clause has dropped to a 12M [due to games played]. We’ll see what happens.” Would be a bargain.
a Sergi Dom nguez (@FutbolSergi) June 11, 2015
However, Bartra then went onto reveals that his release clause has dropped due to lack of appearance, as if, warning the Catalan club that he could go the same way as Thiago Alacantra if his worries were not addressed.
For now, it does seem FC Barcelona have convinced the player to stay, as reflected in the change of statement from revealing the release clause to alert potential suitors to stating that he will not even listen to offer.