Arsenal are expected to be without the services of Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Debuchy, when the travel away to Manchester City. The duo, has been ruled out following surgeries, which are expected to keep them out of action for around three weeks. Arsenal, however could draw inspiration form the absence of Yaya Toure for Manchester City in midfield. The imposing Ivorian is missing this crunch encounter due to commitments with his national team in AFCON.
However, Keiran Gibbs, is also doubtful for Arsenal’s clash against Manchester City. Meanwhile, Callum Chambers has been declared fit and is expected to start against Manchester City.
It would be a delightful sight to see the talents of David Silva and Alexis Sanchez, on the same pitch. However, with Manchester City, now five points adrift of league leaders Chelsea, the Sky Blues will fight tooth against nail to ensure all three points and reduce the deficit.
- Manchester City are undefeated in their last five Premier League meetings with Arsenal (W2, D3).
- They have lost just one of their last six league games with Arsenal at the Etihad.
- There have been six red cards in the last nine Premier League matches between these two sides.
- Manchester City have dropped four points – against Everton and Burnley – in their last three games (W1, D2).
- Their only home defeat in the league this season came in August against Stoke (W7, D2).
- However, they have conceded two goals in each of their last two matches at home – they haven’t shipped two or more goals in three consecutive home Premier League games since October 2002.
- City are currently on a scoring run of 18 Premier League matches, their longest sequence since April-December 2011 (23 matches).
- Arsenal have lost just one of their last six league games (W4, D1).
- However, they have only won two of their six most recent away matches in the Premier League (D1, L3).
- At this stage last season, Arsenal were top of the league with 48 points. They are currently on 36 points.
- Alexis Sanchez has contributed to 19 Premier League goals this season (12 goals, 7 assists), more than any other player in the league. Sergio Aguero is next with 17.
- The Gunners have scored eight headed goals this season – the second highest in the league behind West Ham (14).
Manchester City’s provisional squad: Hart, Caballero, Zabaleta, Sagna, Demichelis, Kompany, Mangala, Boyata, Clichy, Kolarov, Milner, Silva, Navas, Sinclair, Fernando, Fernandinho, Lampard, Aguero, Jovetic, Dzeko.
Arsenal’s provisional squad: Szczesny, Ospina, Monreal, Chambers, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Bellerin, Coquelin, Ramsey, Flamini, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Walcott, Ozil, Sanchez, Campbell, Akpom, Maitland-Niles.