Kerala Blasters rally to hold Mumbai City FC in match 47 of the Hero Indian Super League on Thursday, as Mumbai City FC blew their one goal lead.

Mumbai City FC were held to a 1-1 draw after Antonio German managed to score a late equaliser for Kerala Blasters to deny the Islanders from bagging all three points on Thursday in the Hero Indian Super League.

Mumbai City FC, who needed a win to keep their hopes for a spot in the semi-finals alive, made a bright start to the game and were rewarded with a goal on the twenty fifth minute, as Juan Aguilera made no mistake to punish Kerala Blaster goalkeeper Sandip Nandy for his weak punch.

Kerala Blasters, against the run of play managed to score the equaliser, as Antonio Germana s volley was enough to beat the Mumbai City goalkeeper Debjit Majumder, after the clearance had reached to German.

Anelka, as described in pre match press conference, made four changes to the team that saw Subash Singh, Sony Norde, Lalchhuanmawia Fanai and Aitor return to the starting eleven, while Selim Benachour, Keegan Pereira and Rowilson made way. Kerala Blasters too made a few changes with most notable being Sandip Nandy starting in place of Stephen Bywater.

Mumbai City FC started brilliantly and were intent on winning all three points, as Kerala Blasters were forced on the defensive, as Sony Norde tried his luck as early as on the fifth minute. Kerala Blasters, though, tried to respond with attacks of their own with Josu being at the centre of the problem.


After the initial opening quarter, the tempo of the game went down until the goal considerably until Sandip Nandy did well to save Subhas Singha s header from the corner, but only for the ball to fall kindly for Aguilera.

Kerala Blasters had a chance on the 34th minute only for Pavel Cmovs did just enough to put Chris Dagnall off by pushing wide. The first half ended with the score remaining the same but Subrata Paul did earn a yellow card for wasting time and was lucky not to be sent off after his mistimed clearance in the 47th minute and three minutes later Anelka was forced to change his goalkeeper.

The second half continued in the same fashion as the Islander looked to double their lead, but Kerala Blasters had two quick chances early in the second half but squandered it and as the half went on, Kerala Blasters looked to attack with a bit more intent.

Having conceded the lead, Mumbai City FC had conceded yet another goal late in the injury time only for the linesman to come to the rescue for the Islanders. Debjit Majumder did well to stop Chris Dagnalla s initial attempt but Bruno Perone, who was in an offside position, converted the rebound and with replays showing the decision could have gone either side.

Image Courtesy: ISL Media