Arsenal FC have finally ended their trophy drought as they came from behind to defeat Hull City in the final of the FA Cup, while Arsene Wenger has expressed his desire to stay.

The long wait for the Gooners is finally over as Aaron Ramsey’s late winner at Wembley handed them their first trophy since 2005. But it didn’t all go their way at the start of the game as Hull City took a 2-goal lead within the first eight minutes of the match.

James Chester provided Hull City with a surprise lead in the fourth minute of the match as Arsenal failed to deal with a corner. Stephen Quinn’s deliver reached Tom Huddlestone at the edge of the box and his scuffed shot reached Chester inside the box. The center-back sorted out his feet quickly and directed the ball into the back of the net. Everyone expected a response from Arsenal after that goal, instead it was Hull City who doubled their lead through Curtis Davies.

Stephen Quinn was once again involved in the build-up to that goal as Arsenal failed to deal with his cross from the right and Alex Bruce’s head hits the post and fell kindly for Davies, who rifled it past Lukasz Fabianski. It was a dream start for Steve Bruce’s men and it seemed as if Arsenal’s long wait for a trophy will continue at that point.

But the Gunners did pull one back in the first half as Santi Cazorla scored from a wonderful free-kick. Replay showed that goalkeeper Allan McGregor should have done more with that shot and had to be partially blamed for allowing Arsenal back into the match.

Arsene Wenger changed tactics in the second half as he brought on Yaya Sanogo and changed to a 4-4-2 formation. His arrival did change the dynamics of the game and the Gunners looked more threatening in attack. Finally in the 71st minute Laurent Koscielny scored the equalizer as he swivelled and turned in the box to put the ball past McGregor.

But despite creating many more opportunities, Arsenal failed to score the winner in normal time and the match headed into extra-time. The arrival of Jack Wilshere and Tomas Rosicky added a lot of momentum to the attack and finally Aaron Ramsey provided the Gunners with a winner. It was a well worked goal with Olivier Giroud setting up the Welshman with a lovely touch and Ramsey finishing it with aplomb. The match ended 3-2 and despite Hull City’s wonderful effort, Arsenal and Arsene Wenger were back at the podium at Wembley.

Arsene Wenger, whose future at the club came under a lot of speculations, has expressed his desire to stay at the club after the match – something which will come as a relief for most of the fans.

“Normally, yes of course.” – The Arsenal manager said when asked about whether he will extend his contract.

Wenger stressed on the importance of this win and also praised Hull City manager Steve Bruce for their efforts.

“It was important, but it was very nervy and you could see that from the start but we recovered well.

“Overall the spirit and togetherness of the team and quality saw us win the trophy which looked unlikely but that was down to Hull to who showed quality and that is credit to Steve Bruce who has done a great job with this team.” – Wenger added.

Wenger felt that this win could prove to be the turning point for this team and prove to the spring board for future success.

“It was very important for this team and is a turning point to move on and it will take the pressure of their shoulders.

“We suffered in some games this season but this will give us something – belief and confidence, but overall we got 79 points, did well in the Champions League and we win the FA Cup and our team has shown remarkable consistency but we needed to win a trophy.” – He said after the match.