FC Barcelona Sporting Director Andoni Zubizarreta has claimed that despite of their failure to land Juan Cuadrado this summer, the player is ‘one to continue to follow’.
FC Barcelona were linked with a move for Juan Cuadrado whole summer but the club failed to sign the Colombian as they were not ready to match the asking price of Fiorentina.
However, despite of continuous rumors concerning Cuadrado, Zubizarreta stressed that FC Barcelona never made any official offer for the player. But he stressed that Cuadrado is a quality player and he will continue tracking him.
“I’ve never spoken about Cuadrado,” Zubizarreta said in a press conference.
“He is a great player with a great CV, who plays for Fiorentina and is a player to watch and to continue to follow.
“I am very happy with the squad, but I will not compare it with others.”
Dani Alves has only one year left to his contract and it was being reported during the summer transfer window that Barcelona management wants to replace him with Cuadrado. But Barca signed Brazilian international Douglas instead.
Meanwhile, Andoni Zubizarreta also confirmed in his press conference that the contract of Dani Alves won’t be renewed next year.
World Football governing body FIFA has banned Barcelona from making any new signings in next two transfer windows. However, the Barca management is planning an appeal against this order and club authorities are hopeful that they will succeed in their attempt.
FC Barcelona spent huge money during the summer transfer window as they signed the likes of Luis Suarez, Thomas Vermaelen, Jeremy Mathieu, Ivan Rakitic and Claudio Bravo.
I Knew Nothing Of Barcelona’s Bid: Kovacic
Reports coming from Spain and Italy had claimed that FC Barcelona made a last minute offer to Inter Milan starlet Mateo Kovacic.
However, the player himself has insisted that he knows nothing of Barcelona’s alleged last-gasp bid to sign him before the close of the summer transfer window.
“I have just heard of that,” Kovacic told reporters on Tuesday. “I don’t have a clue so there is no point in me saying anything.”
Kovacic scored a brilliant hat-trick for Inter Milan in their Europa League qualifier against Stjarnan last week and he confessed that he feels relieved now.
“It took me some time to adapt on new league,” the midfielder confessed. “But I am happy for my first goals, I have to keep going.”