Luiz Felipe Scolari remains coy over the future as the manager of the Brazilian national team, after reports suggest he could be sacked.

Brazilian manager Luiz Felipe Scolari has come under a lot of criticism following the humiliating defeat they suffered at the hands of Germany in the semi-final, followed by another spineless performance against Netherlands in the third place play-off. But Scolari remains coy of his future at the job and has even received backing from Marco Polo Del Nero.

In an astonishing match, Germany decimated Brazil 1-7 in the first semi-final of the World Cup on Tuesday and Luiz Felipe Scolari’s men went down in the history books for all the wrong reasons. It was Brazil’s biggest ever defeat in the World Cup and their first home defeat since 1975. Brazil followed it up with another terrible performance against Netherlands as they lost the third place play-off 0-3.

These performances have put a lot of pressure on Luiz Felipe Scolari and the general consensus is that the 65-year-old should step down from his role. Scolari has however refused to disclose his next step and insisted that the will hold a meeting with Brazilian FA regarding his future.

“It is up to the president to decide. We will hand in a final report and then leave it to him to analyse what needs to be done, “I’m not going to discuss (my future) with you. Winning or losing that is what we would have done.

“We must praise our players even though we came up short at the end of the tournament. We didn’t play badly today.

“I’ve managed in three World Cups. I’ve finished among the top four teams every time.

“I know the 7-1 defeat was the worst ever. But I can see a positive side (compared to the 2006 and 2010 campaigns).

“When a team let in seven and then concede within two minutes of the next game, it changes your perspective.

“This generation does not have to be scarred. We were in the top four teams in the world and won the Confederations Cup last year.

“I don’t see how I can criticise my team today. We played well, battled back after going behind, had chances.” – The Brazil manager said.

Scolari has also received backing to Marco Polo Del Nero, who will take over as the CBF chief next year, to retain his job despite such a poor showing,

“To me, he stays.

“What happened was a tactical error. That was the problem. But we all make mistakes. It can happen to anyone.

“The important thing is that he did a good job. The campaign and the preparations were good. A base exists.” – Del Nero said.