Manchester United winger Nani is wanted by Juventus in January, while Bianconeri are set to play A-League All Stars in Sydney.

Nani - Manchester United winger

Juventus plan to make January move for Nani.

The 27-year-old Nani, who just recently tied himself to a five-year contract with Manchester United, has been targeted by Italian giants Juventus. Italian sports daily Tuttosport has reported today that the player who has seen his performances waver, with David Moyes calling for him to show a greater level of consistency; is attracting interest from Serie A.

Juventus, along with Monaco, were also touted as suitors last transfer window, but a deal failed to materialize.

Although the Portuguese winger has featured more regularly for United this season, clocking up 10 appearances as opposed to 21 for the entirety of last year, the winger is yet to become a permanent fixture for Moyes. And Juventus are ready to capitalise on his position on the fringes of United’s squad, as the Serie A giants try to get their season back on track following their surprise Champions League exit last week, according to the Italian newspaper.

Nani, 27, has recently signed a new five-year contract at Old Trafford, but that doesn’t appear to be deterring Juve, who are believed to be favouring a January move for the winger, although could be willing to wait until the summer to get their man.

Juventus are also ready to offer Mirco Vucinic to Manchester in an exchange deal.

Bianconeri to play A-League All Stars in Sydney

Del Piero will re-unite with Juventus next year.

Del Piero will re-unite with Juventus next year.

Juventus will be playing in the A-League All Stars for a glamour friendly at ANZ Stadium in Sydney on August 10, 2014.

Dialogue between the club, Football Federation Australia and the NSW government was going on for months but they have finally agreed on a deal now.

It also means that Sydney FC’s Alessandro Del Piero will be eligible to play for the All-Stars against Juventus, the club he captained and represented for over two decades.

The All Stars’ concept was successfully introduced in July this year when they hosted Manchester United at ANZ Stadium. This fixture, which is expected to draw 83,000 to Homebush, was revealed by the Italian club’s website.

NSW Premier Barry O’Farrell was very much enthused about the encounter.

“This is an historic visit by Juventus to Sydney and I encourage sports fans from across Australia to come and enjoy the best of world football in Sydney,” he said.

FFA chief executive David Gallop said it was an historic announcement for Australian football to secure glamour fixture against one of the world’s most popular clubs.

“The confirmation of Juventus as the opponent for the A-League All Stars was another boost to the league’s growing stature,” he said. “Their presence in Sydney will guarantee huge domestic and international interest.”

Juventus chief executive Gabrielle Marotta said he was pleased to have the deal finally locked away.

“We are really excited and looking forward to bringing our team to Australia. The club is delighted to visit a city as great as Sydney and engage with the Australian football community.”

The big question now surrounds the quality of both teams, especially Juventus. They have some of the biggest stars in world football – including Andrea Pirlo, Carlos Tevez and Arturo Vidal – who will be involved in the World Cup in the month prior and might need some more rest to recover from the hangover.