Chelsea FC - De Bruyne (Source - Erik Drost) 

Agent of Chelsea FC star Kevin De Bruyne will hold talks with the club management in order to materialize a January move.

De Bruyne has been struggling to get enough playing time at Stamford Bridge since starting their first two EPL games of this season and has made only seven appearances in all competitions, and definitely has fallen out of favour with the Special One.

The youngster’s lack of first-team chances has led him and his agent to lookout for new club again in January, with Atletico Madrid, Schalke, Werder Bremen, Wolfsburg and Borussia Dortmund all ready to take him.

De Bruyne began his career with hometown club KVV Drongen in 2003. Two years later, he joined Gent and in 2005 moved to KRC Genk. De Bruyne made his first team debut for Genk on 9 May 2009.And having established himself in the team with his fine performances; the attacking midfielder attracted the interest from many big sides across Europe.

Chelsea beat the competition to sign this upcoming talent and snapped a deal worth 8 million euros. Given the competition for the places at Stamford Bridge, the Belgian has struggled to claim the starting berth though.

Agent of Kevin De Bruyne, Patrick De Koster has claimed that no decision over his clients’ future has been made yet and said the player signed from Belgian side Racing Genk for €8 million on the deadline day of the winter transfer window of 2012 is “training like a demon” to prove his real worth in order to get regular first team opportunities at Stamford Bridge itself.

“He has told me that every day he is training like a demon because it means a lot to him. But I will not say that he has to move in January – we will wait for the evaluation from the club. We will make an evaluation with the club in the next few days and decide what the best solution is.

Of course, Kevin is a player who likes to play regularly but we know Chelsea is one of the biggest clubs in the world and there is always going to be a competition.” De Koster said recently.

Last month, Belgium national team coach Marc Wilmots also suggested that De Bruyne should leave London in order to find regular first-team football ahead of the upcoming World Cup in Brazil. Schalke 04 and Juventus have also been linked with a loan move for De Bruyne, who spent last season in the Bundesliga with Werder Bremen.

Yet De Koster is adamant that the final decision will rest with Chelsea. “Each day I am hearing different rumours – Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, Juventus. It’s good that everybody shows an interest but is is up to Chelsea to decide what to do.” He said.

“For the moment, I have told everybody that we must wait. I have a lot of respect for Chelsea and they have acted in the correct way ever since they signed him from Genk.”

Edin Hazard, his teammate at both club and international levels; has also asked De Bruyne to look for the new club. “If he does not play, it is better for him to leave,” Hazard said. “Playing a World Cup after having not played for a year… is very difficult. If we want to get the best from Kevin in the future it is better that he leaves. But he’s a big boy. He must make his own choices.”

The 22-year-old has been included in the Chelsea squad for Wednesday night’s match against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light but Mourinho is expected to start the game with Juan Mata in the absence of the injured Brazilian Oscar.