Welcome to the complete round-up of transfer rumours and confirmed news for the day. TheHardTackle brings you the top five transfer rumors, verdicts and more.
Inter Close To Signing “Lucas” From São Paulo
Inter are close to pulling off another South American coup in the form of talented attacking midfielder Lucas Rodrigues Moura da Silva, better known as Lucas, from Sao Paulo.
THT Verdict : Marco Branca the technical director of the Italian club is said to be in Brazil to complete the negotiations. The transfer fee involved is said to be around 25 – 30 million euros. This is going to be another fantastic deal for Inter. Lucas was a much sought after player with lots of European club tracking him. This one is for the future, and the future looks bright for Inter. A done deal!
Ajax’s Gregory Van Der Wiel – PSG, Valencia Or Chelsea ?
According to latest rumours, PSG are considering a bid for Ajax’s highly rated fullback Gregory van der Wiel.
THT Verdict : The Dutch international has been subject of speculation from last summer onwards. Firstly Chelsea were heavily linked with a move for, and they still are, and now a plethora of clubs are being speculated. Valencia, Spartak Moscow, Manchester City, Tottenham and PSG are his latest suitors. Van der Wiel is sure to leave and Ajax, who have made a name for themselves as a selling club, are ready to listen to offers. Hakim Slimani, the representative of the Dutch player recently said “”Maybe Ajax are hoping that another club will make an offer, but Gregory has already made his decision, and wants to join Valencia”. If reports are to be believed Van der Wiel has already signed a 5 year pre-contract with the Spanish club and will join them next summer. It is said that while Valencia are offering €10m, Ajax are holding out for €12m. This might encourage other clubs to steal the defender right under the nose of Valencia. Though it looks highly likely that the player will join Valencia, a bidding war between PSG, Valencia and Chelsea is looming large. Far from over!
Manchester United & Manchester City Battles It Out For Gaitan & Zouma
The Manchester neighbors are said to be both tracking midfielder Nicolas Gaitan of Benfica and highly rated French defender Kurt Zouma of St Etienne.
THT Verdict : The much touted rivalry between the two Manchester Clubs is set to take stage in the transfer market. Scouts of both clubs have been tracking the progress of Nicolas Gaitan at Benfica. The release clause Argentine prodigy is said to be around £37.5m. So when it comes to breaking that release clause, we all know which part of Manchester is most likely to come out as winners. Mancini has been crying out about his lack of squad dept and would look to do what he does best, spend. For Sir Alex things are pretty same, the lack of quality creative midfielders has been talked about and dissected in all quarters. Though the return of United legend Paul Scholes has subdued the cries for a new midfield general, Sir Alex has to buy sooner rather than later.
Apart from Gaitan, both the clubs are set to clash horns for the St Etienne teenager Kurt Zouma. If reports are to be believed, Zouma is most likely to be seen at the red half of Manchester before the transfer window closes. Injuries to key defenders means United are short in numbers at the back. The French prodigy is most likely at be on a trail period at United before confirming a deal.
AC Milan, Arsenal, Liverpool & Malaga Vie For Real Madrid’s Granero
THT Verdict : Esteban Granero has been considering his future at the Spanish club for quite a while now. His lack of first team opportunities has left him frustrated. In recent times, Spanish midfielder has been linked with a move to Liverpool, newly rich Malaga and Arsenal. Granero’s agent has told in an interview “He’s finding his chances limited at Real. If he can’t play at Madrid, then he’ll play somewhere else. It’s as simple as that. He’s keen for a move away – possibly to Liverpool”. Now if reports are to be believed AC Milan has joined the race for his signature. It is said that the Italian club is looking a loan deal with an option to buy him permanently. Granero, whose heart is set on a move away from the capital club, will look for a permanent deal and hence will be skeptical about goin on loan to Milan. Liverpool at the moment seems to be the most likely destination.
Inter Looks To Snatch Greek Goalkeeper Kapino Under Arsenal’s Radar
Inter looks to have taken the pole position in signing much talked about Greek goalkeeper Stefanos Kapino from Panathinaikos. Both Arsenal and Manchester United were earlier linked with a move for 6 ft 6 in keeper.
THT Verdict : Kapino at just 17 years of age has already made his debut for the Greece national team, that’s how good he is. Arsenal and Manchester United scouts have been watching him regularly. While Manchester United have already spent heavily on De Gea this summer, Szczesny has more than fixed his place in the team at Emirates. But Kapino was someone for the future and now it seem that the Italian clubs have stolen a march on its rivals and are prepared to place a bid for the young custodian. A likely deal!
Some Other Rumours Floating Around
- Ravel Morrison has now been targeted by AS Roma as well. He is currently on a deal with Manchester United until June 2014.
- Del Piero might leave Juventus for joining either New York Bulls or LA Galaxy, who are both about to meet him.
- Zenit St. Petersburg are keen on Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci, already tracked during the last Summer.
- Juventus’s Marco Motta could move to Spain to either Real Zaragoza or Sporting Gijon.
- According to latest rumours, David Pizarro of AS Roma has been already tracked by Fiorentina, Juventus and a Brazilian club.
- Nuri Sahin of Real Madrid might leave on loan in January. Inter are willing to sign him on loan.
- 27-year-old midfielder Yann Jouffre has extended his deal with Rennes until June 2014.
- Bordeaux 23-year-old forward Anthony Modeste will play on loan for Blackburn Rovers.
- Spanish striker Jonathan Soriano (26) left Barcelona FC on a full basis and joined Red Bull Salzburg on undisclosed terms.
- Czech half-back Jiri Bilek (28) has left Kaiserslautern for being signed by Zaglebie Lubin.
- Catania goalkeeper Mariano Andujar will play on loan for Estudiantes for six months.
- 28 year old Romanian forward Cristian Ianu has left Luzern to sign a two and a hald year deal with Sion.
- Right wingback Matias Vitkievez and midfielder Josh Simpson have signed a 4.5 year deal with Young Boys.
- Rangers have confirmed John Fleck has joined Blackpool on loan until the end of the season.
- Leicester have landed Manchester United youngster Danny Drinkwater for £750,000.
- 22 yr old Algerian forward Jugurtha Hamroun has left Chermomorets to sign a 2 year deal with Kardemir Karabukspor.