Manchester United confirmed the arrival of Shinji Kagawa, while Arsenal and Real Madrid fight it out for Lucas Biglia. Arsenal on the other hand are set to lose out on couple of players to Turkish clubs, while their long-term target Marvin Martin is set to join Lille. All these and much more in our daily transfer round-up.
Manchester United Confirm That Shinji Kagawa Will Arrive
THT Verdict : Finally the long pending transfer of Kagawa to Manchester United is reaching its conclusion. Man United have released an official statement saying “Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed terms with both Borussia Dortmund and Shinji Kagawa for his transfer to the club. The deal is subject only to the player medical and obtaining a UK work permit. These conditions are anticipated to be completed by the end of June. Further details will be announced in due course.“.
The Japanese midfielder has been in brilliant form for the past two seasons in Bundesliga, helping Dortmund to two consecutive league titles. Last season, in 43 appearances he has racked up 17 goals and 13 assists. Kagawa is a perfect solution for United’s woes, who were clearly lacking creativity in the midfield last season. The transfer fee is involved is believed to be around £17m (including bonuses). There are some concerns though, regarding Kagawa’s work permit in England. The Japanese star, having missed out on Takeshi Okada’s squad for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, fails to meet the criteria of playing 75% of Japan’s matches over the past two years should United apply for a work permit now. This will mean, Man United will have to delay the move till mid July, when the world cup matches will not come under consideration.
This deal is as good as done.
Arsenal And Real Madrid Fight It Out For Lucas Biglia
According to the Sun, both Arsenal and Real Madrid have been in contact with Anderlecht midfielder Lucas Biglia.
THT Verdict : Highly rated Argentine midfielder is said to be in a transfer tug-of-war between Arsenal and Spanish giants Real Madrid. Lucas Biglia was quoted in the Sun, saying “Real Madrid and Arsenal have both been in contact and I’ll wait to see what happens. I am still under contract with Anderlecht until 2015, but they know that I plan to leave. If a club offers the right price, Anderlecht will let me go.“.
Biglia has attracted interest from a lot clubs in the past. Napoli, Liverpool and Fiorentina were all linked with a move for the Argentine. Now Arsenal and Real Madrid are the front-runners for the £8 million rated midfielder. Mourinho is said to be a long time admirer of Biglia and last month Biglia admitted that he would prefer a move to Spain over England.
The bidding war between these two clubs can rise the price upto £16 million, which Wenger is highly unlikely to pay. It is yet to be seen who comes out on top as this is surely not the last time you will hear this name. This deal is in the balance.
Arsenal Duo Rosicky And Ozyakup Set To Leave For Turkey
Daily Mail reports that Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky has been lined up by Turkish side Eskisehirspor, While other reports suggest that Arsenal and Besiktas are in talks regarding the sale of Oguzhan Ozyakup.
THT Verdict : Tomas Rosicky has managed to attract interest from Turkish side Eskisehirspor. The Arsenal midfielder has had one his best seasons at the club last year, where he seemed to have found his mojo back, helping the Gunners to a third place finish after a poor start. The Turkish side, who will play in Europa league next season, are highly interested in the Czech Republic international. Dede, former team-mate of Rosicky at Dortmund, who plays for the Turkish side is said to have recommended Rosicky to club president Halil Unal. Reportedly, Unal has travelled to Prague along with club officials to meet and discuss a possible transfer with Tomas Rosicky. It is yet to be seen whether the midfield maestro, who has only recently extended his contract at the Emirates, agrees to leave the club. This deal still looks unlikely.
According to other reports, Arsenal youngster Ozyakup is also heading towards his homeland. Turkish giants Besiktas are said to be extremely interested in the midfielder. Ozyakup, who is yet to make any first team appearances for the Gunners, is highly rated by Arsene Wenger and he is unlikely to sell his prized asset. Besiktas are offering 700,000 euros, and talks are in progress between the two clubs. While it is believed that Arsenal are only looking for a loan deal, but the Turkish club wants him permanently. This deal is still in the balance.
Arsenal Set To Lose Out On Marvin Martin As Lille Reaches An Agreement
According to L’Equipe, Lille have reached an agreement with Sochaux regarding the transfer of Marvin Marin.
THT Verdict : Sochaux President Lacombe has confirmed that highly rated midfielder Marvin Martin will join Lille this summer. In an Interview to RMC, he has said “It is an open secret. [Lille president] Michel Seydoux is currently abroad. We hoped to be called this afternoon, but we expect it to be tomorrow. For Marvin, it will be Lille. Our goal was to keep our young players in the squad until they played 100 games for us. We are happy to see them go and play at clubs who are at another level.“. Marvin is seen as a direct replacement for recently departed Eden Hazard in the team. It will be a big signing for Lille, who were unable to defend the Ligue 1 title last season. The transfer fee involved is believed to be around 8-10 million euros.
This news will come as another huge blow for Arsene Wenger, who has been tracking the player for a long time now. Infact PSG, Valencia, Arsenal and Borussia Dortmund have all been linked with a move for the play-maker. The fact that he has chosen Lille over these clubs will come as a surprise considering his last statement few months back, when he said “I have always dreamed to play for PSG, but for the moment there are no contacts. My priority is to play in the Champions League next year, there have been talks with Borussia Dortmund, Arsenal and Valencia, but no official offers. I would like to remain in France, in the Summer I will make a decision“. Arsenal are seemingly losing out on lot of their targets this summer, and with only Podolski confirmed as a new signing, the Gooners are sure to grow frustrated. Wenger needs to move fast in this highly competitive transfer market.
Marvin Martin to Lille is nearly a done.
David Silva Set To Snub Real Madrid To Stay At Manchester City
THT Verdict : Newly crowned Spanish champions Real Madrid are highly interested in signing David Silva. They were infact interested in him since his Valencia days. Madrid above reportedly ready to offer Argentine forward Gonzalo Higuain in exchange for the Spaniard. But Silva’s agent Julio Llorente has come out and said “David has signed a long deal with Manchester City and is very happy at the club. Football is always unpredictable but he wants to stay in England. Real Madrid is a big club as well and they were interested when he was at Valencia [the club he left to join City] but the deal was not possible. We are ignoring the plans of Real Madrid because he is very integrated at City and winning the Premier League has only increased his commitment to the club.“.
Football is unpredictable indeed. But as of now, this deal looks to be off.
Some Other Rumors Floating Around
- According to Sky Sport, Al Wasl manager Diego Armando Maradona has asked his executives to sign Napoli forward Eduardo Vargas.
- According to Mercato365, AS Rome are keen on Benfica 32-year-old wingback Daniel Wass, last season on loan at Evian TG.
- According to Tuttosport, Juventus have found an agreement with Udinese for the signing of 23-year-old wingback Mauricio Isla and 23-year-old midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah. The two players should join the Italian champions and remain in co-ownership between the two clubs.
- Torino seem to have contacted Genoa for 32-year-old French goalkeeper Sebastien Frey.
- In addition to Parma, also Napoli, according to Il Roma, are keen on 31-year-old striker Amauri, whose contract with Fiorentina is about to expire.
- According to the French Press, OL fullback Aly Cissokho is about to join Napoli, who will pay 7 million euros to the French club.
- According to the Spanish reports, Sevilla are observing the 20-year-old Croatian striker Ante Vukusic, of Hajduk Spalato.
- Already tracking French international striker Olivier Giroud (25), Malaga management have targeted another forward playing in Ligue 1, Kevin Gameiro (25).
- 20-year-old goalkeeper Fabian Giefer has left Bayer Leverkusen to sign a two-year deal with Fortuna Dusseldorf.
- 32-year-old forward Ronaldinho has signed a seven month deal with Atletico Mineiro.
- Wolfsburg 23-year-old attacking midfielder Ja-Cheol Koo will play on loan for Augsburg.
- 23-year-old left back Bastian Oczipka has left Bayer Leverkusen to sign a three-year deal with Eintracht Frankfurt.
- 23-year-old forward Hugo Vieira has left Gil Vicente to sign a four-year deal with Benfica.
- 30-year-old winger Fernando Macedo da Silva “Nano” has left Numancia to sign a one year deal with Osasuna.
- Kaiserslautern announced to have signed German midfielder Hendirck Zuck (21) on his first deal. The player has agreed on a contract lasting until June 2014.
Catch all the Indian Transfer News Update over here.