Chelsea looks to sign Victor Moses. Milan wants to bring back Kaka. Arsenal looks to retain Robin van Persie. Tottenham and Arsenal vie for Julio Cesar. Manchester City comes back for Daniele De Rossi. All these and much more in our daily transfer round-up.
AC Milan Wants To Bring Kaka Back From Real Madrid
Kaka’s agent has confirmed that AC Milan are currently negotiating with Real Madrid to bring the Brazilian back to San Siro.
THT Verdict : Gaetano Paolillo (agent of Kaka) has confirmed that the Italian club has made a formal contact with Madrid regarding the sale of Kaka. In an interview to Sky he has said ”Yes, we are talking about him, But I can’t add further information at the moment.“. Real Madrid are said to have set the asking price at €20 million, but Milan have offered only €13 million. Milan have also kept their options open for a loan deal but reportedly they are prepared to pay only half of the Brazilian’s wages. With Madrid looking to sign Luka Modric from Tottenham, Kaka’s days in Spain seemed to be numbered.
According to rumors, Mourinho is keeping his options open and could use Kaka in a swap deal for Maicon from Inter. Milan who have recently sold Thiago Silva and Zlatan Ibrahimovic to PSG will look to get the disconsolate fans back on their side by securing this move. Either way, Kaka’s future lies away from the Spanish capital and a return to his old hunting ground seems to the likeliest move at this point.
Manchester City Back In For Daniele De Rossi
According to reports in England, Roberto Mancini is back in the market for fellow country man Daniele De Rossi.
THT Verdict : Manchester City are having a relatively quite transfer window this time around, but that might all change very soon. Roberto Mancini is said to be preparing a €20 million bid in order to sign his long-term target Daniele De Rossi. With Nigel De Jong set to leave the newly crowned English champions this season, De Rossi could prove to be the perfect fit. For Roma, this could also finance their expected move for Axel Witsel and Gregory Van Der Wiel. But Roma have been stubborn when listening to offers for the Italian and with De Rossi recently signing a contract extension till 2017, this looks a highly unlikely move. But didn’t Thiago Silva sign a similar contract extension before leaving?
Chelsea Makes An Offer For Victor Moses
The Telegraph reports that Chelsea have opened talks with Wigan regarding the sale of versatile attacker Victor Moses.
THT Verdict : Chelsea have arguably made the best acquisitions so far in the transfer market in amongst the ‘big’ clubs in England, but Roman Abramovich shows no sign of slowing down. According to latest reports Victor Moses seems to be the next signing for the London club.
Moses have been linked with a move to both Arsenal and Chelsea in the recent past. If rumours are to be believed, Chelsea have already offered a loan deal for Lukaku and Josh McEachran on loan to Wigan along with cash for the Nigerian forward, which were rejected. Vitor Moses has just one year of contract left at Wigan and has shown no interest in extending it, which might force Wigan to cash-in on him instead of letting him leave for free next season.
The Latics are said to be expecting a sum of €10 million for the forward, while Chelsea have reportedly offered €6 million plus a further €3 million based on performance and appearance. For Wigan, they have no other option than to sell him but for Chelsea the question remains – do they need him after all the signings they have already made? As of now, this deal looks all set to go through.
Arsenal And Tottenham Chase Julio Cesar
According to reports in Italy, both the London clubs have made an inquiry about the Inter custodian.
THT Verdict : Julio Cesar’s departure from Inter is imminent following the arrival of Samir Handanovic from Udinese. Though earlier reports claimed that he is likely to stay in Italy with Roma interested in signing him, London seems to be the most likely destination at the moment.
Arsenal have released Manuel Almunia (who has signed for Watford) while Lukas Fabianski has stated his desire to leave the club in search of first team football. That leave Vito Mannone as the deputy for Wojciech Szczesny in the squad. The 32-year-old Julio Cesar could bring in important experience to the squad as Mannone certainly requires more time to grow.
Tottenham on the other hand have already been linked with Hugo Lloris and now it seems that the deal to bring the Frenchman to London is off and Cesar is being looked upon as a possible replacement by AVB. At the moment the only thing that is confirmed is the fact that Julio Cesar is leaving San Siro. Where? remains to be seen.
Arsenal Holds On, Mancini Fumes, Juventus Looks Elsewhere – van Persie Saga Continues
The Robin van Persie soap opera is set to continue as Arsenal hold their ground.
THT Verdict : Arsene Wenger has indicated that he will refrain from selling the Dutchman. Arsenal are reportedly looking to retain their want away forward till January if they don’t receive suitable offers. The Gunners are said to be demanding €20 million for the striker, which has effectively warded of potential suitors. Wenger has said “I would be happy for him to stay in the English Premier League – at Arsenal.“.
Meanwhile Roberto Mancini has indirectly vented his frustration towards club’s higher management for not acting decisively in regards to van Persie. In an interview when asked about the Dutchman, Mancini replied “I am not in charge of this. It is important [to get players quickly] because, after what we did last year, we must continue to win. This year will be harder than last, so we need to improve our team. We have a man who works for this and we hope that they can do a good job.”.
Juventus have also made it clear that though van Persie is amongst their priority signing this season, the Italian club won’t be held to a ransom. Instead they have now turned their attention toward Edin Dzeko and according to reports City have already turned down a €15 million bid for the striker.
This saga won’t won’t end just yet.
Other Rumors Doing The Rounds
- According to Sportitalia, Chicago Fire, DC United and Philadelphia Union are interested in Atalanta 24-year-old striker Simone Tiribocchi.
- According to Maxifoot.fr, Galatasaray are ready to make a new offer to O.M. to obtain 26-year-old defender Stephane Mbia, also tracked by Anzhi Makhachkala.
- According to Superdeporte.es, Trazbonspor are ready to swoop on Valencia 31-year-old defender Ricardo Costa.
- William Rémy (21) is now being tracked by Werder Bremen, according to footmercato.net.
- Currently on a deal with PAOK Thessaloniki until June 2015, Greek international winger Giorgos Georgiadis (24) is a primary target for Bayer Leverkusen.
- 29-year-old defender Valerio Di Cesare has extends his deal with Torino until June 2014.
- Vincent Kompany has signed a new six-year contract with City.
- 33-year-old defender Cesare Natali, whose contract with Fiorentina has expired last month, has signed for Bologna.
- Without a contract after the bankruptcy of Rangers FC, 30-year-old Scottish goalkeeper Allan Mc Gregor has signed a two-year deal with Besiktas.
- 32-year-old midfielder Cesar Peixoto has left Benfica to sign a three-year deal with Gil Vicente.
- 20-year-old Turkish attacking midfielder Gökhan Töre and 33-year-old Spanish midfielder Pablo Orbaiz have signed for Rubin Kazan.
- Genoa have loaned the French defender Kevin Vinetot to Crotone.
- CSKA Moscow midfielder Evgeni Aldonin (32) has been loaned to Mordovia Saransk.
- Sean O’Driscoll has moved to strengthen Nottingham Forest’s defensive resources by signing Danny Collins from Stoke City.
- Deportivo la Coruna have signed the midfielder Abel Aguilar of Hercules.