Tottenham lined up bids for Liverpool youngster Raheem Sterling and Roma Custodian Maarten Stekelenburg. Real Madrid eye Manchester United winger Nani. Zenit line up Chelsea target Hulk. Fulham looks to bring in Arsenal outcast Andrei Arshavin. All these stories and much more in our daily transfer round-up.
Tottenham Targets Liverpool Youngster Raheem Sterling
According to Mirror, Tottenham Hotspur have turned their attention towards Raheem Sterling of Liverpool.
THT Verdict : Raheem Sterling, who had spent most of youth career at QPR, was reportedly on his way back to his old club in a year-long loan deal, that is until another London club stepped in.
Tottenham is said to be lining up a £7.5m bid for the winger. But it looks highly unlikely that Liverpool will let go their prized asset permanently. A loan deal to QPR seems the most likeliest of deal at the moment.
Real Madrid To Raid Manchester United For Nani
According to various sources in English media, Real Madrid is all set to make a bid for Poruguese winger Nani.
THT Verdict : Nani, who is still negotiating his contract extension with Manchester United, has been targeted by Real Madrid. The Portuguese winger’s situation at the club is being monitored by a lot of clubs. For United fans, this might be Deja vu, as this is certainly not the first time Real Madrid is courting a Portuguese winger from Manchester United.
Nani’s future at the club is still not sorted out and it is said that the Portuguese won’t shy away from a move abroad if the opportunities arrives. But the question remains on how strong is Real Madrid’s interest in him. One thing for sure, United won’t let go Nani for cheap.
Zenit St. Petersburg Eyes Chelsea Target Hulk
Zenit have prepared a €30m bid for Chelsea target Hulk.
THT Verdict : At a certain point in this transfer window, it seemed to be only a matter of formalities before Hulk would be officially announced as a Chelsea player. But now it looks like their might be a twist in the tale.
Russian power house Zenit are said to be lining up a part-exchange deal of €30m plus former Porto center-back Bruno Alves. Strangely, for a rumour that seemed like transforming into Chelsea’s first signing this summer, has died down ever since. Many believe talks between the clubs have stalled due to the high transfer fee demand of the Portuguese club.
It seems highly unlikely that Hulk would end up in Russia, but in this day and age, it wouldn’t be improbable at all. Chelsea are still the favorites though.
Tottenham Are Interested In Maarten Stekelenburg
According to DailyMail, Roma custodian Maarten Stekelenburg is a target for Tottenham Hotspur.
THT Verdict : Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with a number of goalkeepers in the past few days. Hugo Lloris was Tottenham’s first choice target this summer, but now it seems the deal and failed to materialize. Julio Cesar of Inter was also linked with a move to the London club recently and now it’s Maarten Stekelenburg.
The Dutchman is said to be ‘unsettled’ in Rome and might welcome a move abroad. But Roma are unlikely to entertain any bid below £8m. This seems unlikely at the moment.
Fulham Targets Arsenal Outcast Andrei Arshavin
The Metro reports, Fulham are interested in signing the enigmatic Russian Andrei Arshavin.
THT Verdict : Martin Jol has lined up a double swoop of Jordan Rhodes and Andrei Arshavin. The Russian attacker has been out in cold at Arsenal as Wenger has preferred Walcott, Gervinho and Chamberlain ahead of him.
Though Arsene Wenger has said that the Russian ‘might still have a future at the club’, the imminent arrival of Santi Cazorla might have sealed his fate. Arsenal are unlikely to hold ono him if they find a suitable offer. Arshavin will also be desperate for a change in his present scenario at the club.
This is a possible deal provided Fulham comes up with a ‘acceptable’ bid.
Other Rumours Floating Around
- Lazio management are tracking Finnish international midfielder Perparim Hetemaj (25) again.
- According to latest rumours, Lille are willing to purchase French-DR Congolese forward Jirès Kembo-Ekoko (24) of Rennes.
- After having lost Federico Balzaretti to AS Roma, Napoli management have targeted Swiss international left back Reto Ziegler (26), who has joined back Juventus after his loan period at Fenerbahçe.
- After returning to Udinese from his loan period at AS Bari, Italian-Argentinian forward Fernando Forestieri (22) has been targeted by Serie B sides Hellas Verona, Novara and Reggina, as well as Biancorossi.
- After AS Roma signed Federico Balzaretti from Palermo, Spanish left back José Angel (22) is getting more and more likely to join Benfica on a full basis.
- As Roma can decide to yield Pablo Daniel Osvaldo. After the interest of Inter, he has attracted also the attention of Juventus.
- 24 year old goalkeeper Anton Kanibolotskiy has left Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk to sign a five year deal with Shakhtar Donetsk.
- 24 year old striker Mark Stewart, whose contract with Bradford City had expired, has signed for Dundee FC.
- 22 year old winger Eduardo Salvio has left Atletico de Madrid to sign a five year deal with Benfica.
- Pescara have signed from Manchester City, the 22-year-old midfielder Vladimir Weiss.
- Werder Bremen have signed on loan, until June 2013, the midfielder of Chelsea, Kevin de Bruyne (21).
- As announced by Palermo, former Honduran international winger Edgar Alvarez (32) has left for joining Dinamo Bucuresti on a full basis.